Rumors and new releases thread

You just reply to the thread. Imo not worth your time. You don’t get nothing out of it.

Upon further inspection, it seems like they are literally using the same headband construction as the Deva. Like literally plastic parts and the same everything. Yikes… can’t imagine someone spending their hard earned money on that.

Loaner tours are usually useful if you want to buy something and you want to test it out - instead, there are just a bunch of people who waste their time to write reviews… and they get nothing out of it :confused: They usually aren’t interested to buy the product.

Idk, imo this has to be one of the most disastrous releases from Hifiman. If that is the final product, I am really questioning how that brand is operating at all.

Hard to know, there are a lot of “cheap” streamers the BlueNode 2i and I think the now discontinued Arcam one were considered a significant step up in quality over the cheaper alternatives.
The Pi streamers with boards like the Pi2AES aren’t that much cheaper than a BlueNode 2i, but the clock design on the pi2AES is generally considered better.
I’d like to try a streamer in the $2K range to see how much of a difference there really is, but it’s not on my immediate needs list.

Schiit has refreshed the Modi!

It is currently available on their website:

Still $99 and comes with their Unison USB!

Very curious about this…

2 Likes

oooh, and they added the multi-bit option again!

if they fixed the Modi’s issues…this with the Magni 3+, Heresy and Loki could make for a sweet stack!

oh! you could add the Vali 2 as well, since it’s the same form factor :smiley:

sure wish the Heresy came in silver too though…the black ruins the whole motif. wonder how bad it would look if you bought a spare cover and swapped it.

I’m glad they kept it at $99. That makes it very competitive.

2 Likes

I mean… you can literally remove the covers and either paint them or if your not feeling up to it just use plastidip as that can peel clean off easily. Let’s you color it whatever you want.

Could someone explain this for those who haven’t heard of it?

Schiit made their own in house usb solution that happened to sound really good and doesn’t need a driver even on win10, now it’s on their cheapest dac, that’s pretty cool. I don’t know how it works though lol, but it sounds good and isn’t a pita to deal with, so that’s a win in my book

4 Likes

@M0N summed it up well. Functionally I like that you can toggle inputs without breaking the USB connection to the computer.

1 Like

Apparently they put Unison USB on their Gungnir dacs now (I remember it wasnt on it when I checked in september but I could be wrong)

Raspberry Pi is unique and for a certain demographic and this is like double the price. This looks like a little Pi with HiFiBerry and RoPieeXL which increases the price a little bit.

This is a worthy replacement for the now discontinued Chromecast Audio. I’d do this + a nice DAC say Topping L30 over Bluesound Node2 or the PecanPi or anything double that $260 streamer stack.

This goes here. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not that anyone is actively waiting for the next new THX amp.

But the FiiO K9 Pro AMP/DAC (AKM fire halted the 4497 supply) is now postponed to August 2021.

3 Likes

Rumored $800 MSRP… but damn it looks interesting. Do you what the main difference between the K9 and Pro will be?

Dat ass :grimacing:

5 Likes

I just stumbled upon this…

1 Like

That is a beautiful piece of Amp!

Hmm… So the differences are: color, moving the small branding above the XLR to bigger on the top, swapping an RCA input for a optical and coaxial digital inputs, updated screen, and updated DAC chip. Beyond that, everything else (on paper) is exactly the same. PCM, DXD, DSD, Output power, Frequency Response, Gain, Distortion, headphone impedance range… Everything is the same.

I think so, yes. It’s the same price as the original so I’m fine with a fresh coat of paint and a dac upgrade.

I recently stumbled across ANOTHER HE400 on Aliexpress. This time the He400se for about 160 USD.

1 Like