Rumors and new releases thread

“New” AEON 2 Black. I would be more interested if it was matte black, but it’s worth saying for anyone interested. Also, everywhere the AEON 2 Line is 15% off.

3 Likes

So, apparently, SMSL made a speaker. This is so random I don’t even know how to react.
https://www.amazon.com/Tabebuia-Anniversary-Speaker-Passive-Loudspeaker/dp/B08FBTZYZG

That’s… odd
I hope SMSL doesn’t start putting their name on a bunch of questionable products like xiaomi

1 Like

Yeah, my immediate thought was kind of that. Thomas & Stereo released a video on it, and they are apparently $500 and excellent on nearfield, but too small for a living room. Now I don’t trust him 100% but what he said does make some sense. Let’s see as more reviews come in.

New Shanling M3X

SINGXER SA-1 Balanced Class A amp has launched
Claims ~6.5W @ 32 oHms balanced
$540 on Drop:

$600 on Shenzen and HiFiGo

600 Euros for you Europeans
3 Likes

Not really new I guess, but news for us Americans. I literally just stumbled upon these by accident. There is 0 news about these wireless Koss other than a couple short articles and sales pages for some EU countries and Australia. BT330i, BT740iQZ, TWS150i.

The headphones apparently use 30mm drivers. Assuming it’s the same 30mm in the SP330, they probably sound decent. Koss being Koss, I’m sure there is gonna be some kind of fault in build design… Wonder if these will be available stateside. Again, no news at all here.

Edit: maybe 40mm drivers according to the Polish site. Also, is it me or do the headphones kind of look like AKG designs?

Just released:

iBasso DX300 preorder (U.S.) and info for anyone interested…

https://square.sony.com/ces2021/360RA?utm_source=Youtube&utm_medium=yt_description&utm_campaign=Zara_Larsson_live
Sony just released a music with their 360 reality audio. I think they’re a fun thing to have.

1 Like

so essentially DSP to make cheap headphones simulate expensive headphones?

Yeah I think that’s pretty much it.

1 Like

isn’t it fascinating how you can get headphones (perhaps speakers…I use hp’s mostly) that are just stereo 2.0, but with proper tuning, they can image and make your experience a surreal 360 one?

I still remember the first time I experienced imaging with speakers…BeoLab 4’s. mind blowing.

1 Like

I wonder if Sony will release a Windows app. I don’t listen to music off my phone much.

They probably will if this one takes off. I think it has quite a potential considering that Sony also has many musician under its studio.

Apparently, Xduoo released two budget Hybrid tube amps. Both are a tube-input for signal and Class A output for driving. The MT-601 and MT-602.

Don’t see much point in the single one, is half the power and only $10 cheaper. But I guess if you want to spend less on tube rolling, that can be interesting.
4 Likes

I’m very curious how this compares to the Schiit Vali 2+

1 Like

It’s really nice to see a different design on the amp. I might buy it just for their look.

100$ for 1.3 watts of Class A power and tubes and the RCA out acts as a tube pre too? :flushed:

one of these days, I will check this thread and see a DT 1880 show up… one can dream, was hoping with the rumor I seen in here with dekoni posting dt 1880 pads(still there btw) we’d hear something

4 Likes