Rumors and new releases thread

A powerful windows dap!

2 Likes

First thought: huh interesting
Second thought: chokes when I see the price fuck no!

3 Likes

doesnt seem like the changed much, not sure what the sound signature will be, need to see reviews . :thinking:

1 Like

The Kadas Tea looks not bad.
Can be it interesting.

I can’t imagine why you would want Windows on your DAP TBH. I can’t even stomach Windows on a computer.

5 Likes

Shure has released a new podcast microphone: the MV7X “For perfect recordings in imperfect rooms”

There are already too many people using the SM7B without the mic-pre it DESPERATLY needs…

1 Like

ifi Hip dac V2 up for pre-order $189

3 Likes

dammit…still no Bluetooth?

1 Like
  1. It’s pretty amazing how many people use the SM7B - I see this thing everywhere. It’s like every YouTube channel, podcast, etc. However, it’s equally amazing how many people don’t have it set up correctly. I also think it is not suited for a lot of people’s voices, it can come off really overly bassy/boomy.

2. I use a SM57 for a 3rd of the price, and I think it sounds just as good into my Mixer / Compressor / Audio Interface.

1 Like

That seems to be reserved for the ifi GO Blu

For which the only power spec seems to be… up to 5.7V… Which, personally, doesn’t tell me jack shit. Cool, almost 6V… at how many amps?

Yeah that would make the hip dac a perfect on the go tool. I get rid of get rediculous USB A. I get that its studier but not great for portability

Did they fix the battery issue on the og one? if so I would prob upgrade just for that

DAC chip they use is the Cirrus Logic 43131

https://ifi-audio.com/products/go-blu/

supporting the magnets in iPhone is genius. Wish they’d made it one height across the back so I can set my phone down flat but ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

really funny they switch to volts for the 600 ohm number

1 Like

“New” Arya Stealth Edition. Hifiman using the Stealth Magnets in everything.

https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/arya.html

I’m feeling mixed about these. Very interesting take on the design, but the form factor looks odd — much closer to a consumer headphone like the Momentum series from Sennhesier

5 Likes

Im pretty excited about those; I really liked the sr1a.
I think they are still changing the pads and yoke construction, see the headfi thread about the sr1a where they talk about it if you have not.

1 Like

Wonder if these will be any good:

2 Likes