Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

I’m referring to the rnhp

You might be confusing the original RNHP (pro model) with the re-cased Fidelice RNHP.

1 Like

Must be what I’m thinking… sorry for the confusion

1 Like

No worries. I returned one of my RNHP’s after the Fidelice announcement hedging that there’d be significant changes, but I was wrong. Same specs but more than double the cost unfortunately.

3 Likes

Crazy, isn’t it? It’ll have to come down in price. People will just buy the rnhp like most have here.

They should have made it a true balanced amp to charge that.

1 Like

Aimed at a different market, compared to the cost of the Fedelice DAC (which is apparently quite good), the amp is very cheap.

1 Like

@Rhodey, I think they’ll release a balanced version in the future, but for significantly more than the current Fidelice RNHP. I’m guessing an MSRP of $2500-3000.

@Polygonhell, Definitely geared towards a hi-end consumer market.

1 Like

Yeah but taking an rnhp, slapping a different case on it, and then doubling the price is calling your audience fools.

But I agree, people will buy it but they’d sell more around the $700 range. I like the look of it and I’d probably pay a little more for the fidelice case.

3 Likes

There are apparently some changes, but they aren’t sonically very different.

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that somewhere.

Listening to the two side by side, it’s not worth lol, just get the rnhp

3 Likes

Right, but I think they’ll have to bring the price down unless they stop selling the rnhp. Or sell both but the fidelice have a $200 up charge due to the case.

I’d rather sell 200 units at a $200 up charge than a few with a $500 difference. Imo you want to move more units.

Here is what I think. I think if they either made the field lice rnhp balanced or shoved a dac in there it would justify the 2x price increase

1 Like

A Rupert Neve Dac/amp for $1200… :face_with_monocle:

Yep, for sure. Shit, just balanced with the new case and without the dac I could see 1k. Not the same damn thing basically at 1k.

1 Like

What if i use a xlr splitter on my SU8 to my RNHP and SP200? will that effect sound quality?

Yes, but not noticeably if you have a decent quality splitter

Mrsp 4.995 for the Rupert Neve Precision DAC.