Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

But what would you say in regards to its features over the thx amps?

Features or sound?

sound. theres a lot of people here. like over 200 and they always talk about the THX amps. i’m telling them about the RNHP. So how is its sound that makes it so great? I might be able to convert a few. cause their like buying the 789 and monoprice thx amps. for only a 100$ more they could have a RNHP. it kinda makes me cringe when i hear them talking about it. i tell them about the RNHP amp but they ask how does it compare to the THX amps

You could just link to this thread as it has a fair bit of information already from lots of people

2 Likes

i did. but it has 1000 posts lol

Better to give them more info than they need instead of too little lol

3 Likes

This is your revenge against me loving the THX and taking so long to switch to the RNHP isnt it? All those arguments we had. ok fine. i guess they must go without the RNHP. shame…

2 Likes

Don’t worry, at this point I’ve accepted my fate and now I’m just waiting for when I purchase my own RNHP.

3 Likes

It’s basically a subjective benefit. Hard to argue subjective impressions when people want to compare specs.

2 Likes

The people that believe THX is the best all tend to belong to a certain group that is more impressed by how gear measures versus how it actually sounds. At the end of the day shouldn’t this hobby be about what sounds best to you? Funny how even in a hobby, cliques still band together. I guess that some people in the hobby have “SDS”… Small DAC(k) Syndrome …every inch…I mean decibel matters …

To those people, I say …

9 Likes

Say nothing. We need people to sell these off to. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Ok not really sure what that means. but i never understood what it mattered that its so quiet to a point pass human hearing. i mean what does it matter if you cant hear it lol. I went from the sound blaster omni to the schiit magni/modi to the THX sp200/SU8 to the RNHP and hopefully in the future the RME DAC. a pretty nice upgrade path i think :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

My comment was tongue in cheek about a certain other audio forum that literally jerks the gherkin so to speak over good measurements.

My opinion (opinions are like A-Holes, everybody has one and they all stink):

Measurements are only as good as the variables that are being measured and only tell a part of the story. I say this being a pro measurement guy…but there are limitations to measurements, just as there is with subjective listening. I’m of the belief that no piece of information should be ignored…nor valued higher than the other. No piece of information can be solely used to prove high fidelity. Being well informed involves not using cafeteria logic (picking and choosing what better sunstantiates one’s argument).

But at the end of the day, shouldn’t we trust our own ears above all else?

End rant. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s called measurebating. You should try it sometime, it’s lots of fun. But not nearly as much fun as the real thing.

By that I meant listening to music. What? Why are you all looking at me like that?!?

4 Likes

Ingest = Eat
A = A
Satchel = Bag
Of = Of
Richards = Ricardos? Richs? Ricks? Dicardos?

1 Like

@Antpage2,
Jude from head fi and his staff were impressed enough with the RNHP that they acquired 2 units for their office after measuring and testing it (Jude stated this in one of his videos).

In addition, Alex Rosson (formerly of Audeze) used the RNHP in part during the development of the Rosson Rad-0 headphone, which has been fairly popular with many enthusiasts (this was told to me by a friend and business associate of Alex Rosson).

In the end each individual will have to listen for themselves and decide wether or not the RNHP is for them. As many here have already stated, this is very subjective. One really needs to put some time in to really know for themselves.

3 Likes

Hot off the presses:

Rupert Neve RNHP Headphone Amp Review | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

3 Likes

What a shitshow ASR has become. I’m actually going to delete my account over there tomorrow. He has recommended gear that measured much worse than this and just as expensive.

The topping love fest over there has become nauseating and he ironically supplemented these measurements with his subjective opinions…imagine that!?! What a pompous blowhard narcissist.

5 Likes

What I’m reading is that I should really look at the Magni 3+ more closely.

2 Likes

There are forum members over there that swear the Topping D10 is the best DAC and it trumps all others. Even their own measurements dont back up that statement. Truly a cult based off of measurements that cant even give proper context to said measurements. It’s honestly become a real life SNL skit at this point.

2 Likes