Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

They (Clear Pro) were just on sale recently! I think they were $900. Such a great deal.

1 Like

I think if you wanted to make a really solid all around mixing and mastering rotation, you could get something like a clear, mx4, and perhaps an adx5000 and have all your bases covered and be able to run them all on an rnhp. The clear would be a more general workhorse, the mx4 would be a more layering, speed, and impact focus and another perspective on neutral (so also more of a workhorse), and the adx5k would be great for checking timbre and organicness and also is good at pushing things forward because of its intimacy and raw resolution. Of course you don’t have to get all of these at once lol

2 Likes

Whoa what? Adorama?

1 Like

Hmm my first Audeze thought was an lcd x, no rec on that?

While I do enjoy the lcd x, personally I think since you can find the mx4 around 1.4k it’s a really worthwhile step above, kinda addresses my complaints I had with the lcd x while giving more overall. But the lcd x does pair really well with the rnhp and if you get a good batch it’s still a solid option imo

2 Likes

Right on I have seen the back-and-forth with the LCD ex wasn’t too familiar with the MX but I’ll look at that

Also this S4X it’s a little different like I’m still trying to pinpoint I have only had a couple hours but I know they targeted a different curve than the other ones super comfy though

1 Like

Very curious to see what you think about them :+1:

1 Like

im hoping it will simplify decisions once and for all, been using Gulfoss EQ 's trial and man i loove it to just get a good mix for my noise/drone stuff

1 Like

Gullfoss is a pretty great plugin, very versatile and also really good results. I would also check out oeksound soothe2 as that’s another really powerful plugin that you might find useful with what you work with

1 Like

did that trial as well lol, stacking them was crazy but i only did for finals not individual tracks, still trying to “convince” i need these, wish i would have had dynamic years ago

1 Like

Also if you include zynaptiq intensity in your chain with soothe and gullfoss you can get some really great results as well

Edit: also sorry just realized I’m going pretty far off topic lol, oh well it’s not like anything really stays on topic in this forum anyways

1 Like

damnit @M0N i do not need anymore lol (opens new tab)… these ollo’s seem to have about on par res as the 600’s but like you said more soundstage, like not so mid in ur face, its hard to describe
how would you use the freq graph they give? i usually just go by ear

My experiences with the S4 was more that they were indeed kinda 600 like with larger stage and a signature that almost sounded u shaped at higher volumes but good at lower levels (prob equal loudness compensation), but apparently the S4X got a retune so I would be curious to try one eventually

1 Like

ya you would be way better at articulating, better bass as well, like way better, ive been trying to listen alot lower that i usually do, stuff like Devine is crazy detail without killing me in the highs, we’ll see on a mix

1 Like

Yeah, they might be updating if it’s at Adorama. That’s the word with the Elegia. :eyes:

1 Like

right on thank you, Elegia was a miss for me, ill keep an eye on this though, thanks

1 Like

If you weren’t a fan of the elegia, there is a chance you might not like the clear imo. Just wondering, what aspects of the elegia did you like and what were you not a fan of?

1 Like

I’m guessing he meant missed the sale (Elegia) at Adorama. :thinking:

1 Like

Ahhhhhhh ok lol, my bad then, disregard

1 Like