Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

no it was definitely the sound, literally like muffled to me, like 2 veils

1 Like

Ohh. I haven’t heard them. That’s interesting.

1 Like

Very interesting, how long did you have them for, and what were you driving them off of?

1 Like

i was super disappointed, honestly, they were gorgeous, quality and i wanted a high end closed back so bad

1 Like

i burned them in for 3 days, i was just using the best i had, Monoprice desktop dac/amp, all my portable stuff, interface, nothing would help, i know ur gonna say higher tier but man i just couldn’t get over how bad they sounded to me, wanted to love, maybe my expectation was too high idk

1 Like

I mean if the experience was that bad, I wouldn’t recommend considering the clear lol. While yes I don’t enjoy the thx amps the elegia isn’t that picky so it really just seems like you weren’t a fan of what the elegia had to offer. The clear does improve vastly on technical performance in every way, but it does have a signature and house sound that shares some traits with the elegia.

If your looking for a higher end closed back, I have a feeling you might like the zmf eikon or audio technica awkt (more neutral forward) or awas (a bit more relaxed smooth) actually

1 Like

damnit, ya and to be honest i wanted specific use case, like in bed ipad sound design stuff, obviously at the desk but i prefer open backs there. I def know i need to up my amp and interface, but ya man i was not a fan whatsoever, so ur saying stay away from the Clear then if thats the case, wow, didn’t expect that

I mean I would suggest trying out a clear if you get the chance, but with how much you disliked the elegia, it would be a pretty risky buy imo

1 Like

ohhh trust me i read all of your guys’ thoughts on the Verite closed, but they would be for fun/enjoyment, like all the talk you guys do makes me want to skip and go straight to end game

shiiiitttt, well i guess that saves me $1500, should just go the SSL/Neve/Enog
route

So I think if you were to get the ssl honestly you could just omit the enog unless you felt you needed another dac, while the enog would be an improvement, I don’t know if it would be large enough to justify over just using the ssl

1 Like

these ollo’s are growin on me, shit i just realized were still in the Neve thread lol sorry guys

1 Like

right on, i mean the ssl would be for my ipad rig, i still would like a nice separate dac amp at the desk and ditch the THX

It sounds like he’d like something with a more elevated upper mid presentation.

Ah gotcha then that would be a solid choice if you had optical

1 Like

I can’t say for sure, since it could have also been the way the focal presents that could have come off strangely, or potentially timbre. Generally I wouldn’t say the elegia is lacking in the upper mids, but I would really need more details about more specific things that bothered you @11_Clouds. Also perhaps we could continue this elsewhere later to not clog the rnhp thread anymore lol

2 Likes

the more i read about THX the more buyers regret i have, and duh Neve so i just need to make a choice, just not sure about the preamps and the headphone out on the SSL, and then theres Audient with the optical in, just overload right now

My trusty old RNHP (with the Audeze LCD-X I no longer own).

8 Likes

yes so sorry
10 character

1 Like

way to brag and bring us back on point lol

1 Like