🔷 Schiit Asgard 3

Yes Magnius sorry, ok thanx MON.

Feeling pretty happy with myself so far. Just over 5 hours in, but I am enjoying the sound of the Asgard 3 fed with the Modius or ZenDac (via switch box) through to a Elegia, Phoenix and a HE400S so far. It is a bit different than the Atom Stack. I’m no expert, but it sounds smoother - if that’s a thing.

12 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been using it as a pre-amp for my Emotiva Bas-X that power my speakers and I like it quite a lot as both a pre-amp and a regular AMP. Even if/when I upgrade, I’ll probably keep this thing

4 Likes

I use the Bifrost2 to feed my Asgard3 and it is so sweet… I run several amps as well as electrostats with a switch so I get full “autho” and A3 is my daily driver so to speak. Just a really solid amp for sure.

6 Likes

Good to hear! I’m guessing that you don’t have easy access to the Bas-X volume knob and so need to use Asgard as a pre? Sounds like a nice setup, wish Emotiva stuff wasn’t overpriced here in the UK.

I ordered an L30 to see if it will be more suitable as a preamp and give me more volume play. Based on its output sensitivity, I’m guessing it will work at either medium or low gain. If it works well, I’ll end up with a spare headphone amp which is supposed to be state of the art for the price. Hopefully it will work out! Otherwise I may return it and keep looking.

1 Like

For those curious about how the L30 sounds is compared to the Asgard, I have some brief impressions after some testing. This is an excerpt of my post on the L30 thread.

I didn’t test it for long but my Asgard 3 was noticeably better sounding to my ears. It had a smoother sound and more pleasing tonality. Comparatively, the L30 sounded relatively harsh in the way it reproduced electric guitars and drum high-hats. I also perceived better separation on the Asgard. Otherwise, the L30 seemed good. The sound is probably not for me though (at least compared to the Asgard’s sound).

1 Like

I’ve had my Asgard 3 about a week now. I continue to be very pleased and impressed.

7 Likes

Hello. From your point of view, what will be upgrade from Asgard 3, but without tubes:)

If you want a similar sound but better quality, I’ve heard the RNHP is very good.

1 Like

What price range? At ~500USD there is the Lake People G111, Rupert Neve RNHP, and the RebelAmp.

1 Like

Jotenheim!

Alex

1 Like

Thank you for the answers!

Without price range:) Just want to gather some money for top setup:)

1 Like

Compare this $399 amp!

Balanced Headphone Output:
Maximum Power, 16 ohms: 7500mW RMS per channel
Maximum Power, 32 ohms: 5000mW RMS per channel
Maximum Power, 50 ohms: 3000mW RMS per channel
Maximum Power, 300 ohms: 900mW RMS per channel
Maximum Power, 600 ohms: 500mW RMS per channel

Schiit Jotenheim!

:>)

It’s not necessarily a good thing, a lot of people don’t need that much power. My head would implode hitting the high gain switch, lol.

1 Like

Buts its there if you ever do need it!

You cant add power afterwards…like a boy scout…be prepared!!!

lol
Alex

There’s only like 3-4 headphones that I can think of that would actually take advantage of that much power, and they would be grossly inappropriate to put on a jot anyways

You can’t add quality afterwards either

5 Likes

STILL loving my Asgard! My next purchase may have to be new pads for the Sundaras! :blush:

2 Likes

We can argue the subjective “quality” thing for years…and if those 3-4 heaphones are of concern to you. well…you have choices.

Whether they are good or bad, less expensive or more expensive thats left to the “ear” of the beholder!

:>)

Alex

Indeed, that’s what this hobby is about lol, if subjectivity was not involved, this would be a very very very different hobby (most likely moreso along the lines of pc hardware or whatnot perhaps)

Correct, so that extra power of the jot is really a non benefit and will not really be utilized by the mass majority of people