🔷 Schiit Asgard 3

Just installed the ESS dac on the A3. :slight_smile:
So far I am very impressed and do not noticed any volume difference before and after installing the card. I may actually prefer this combo vs modi 3+/A3 stack. I noticed it’s a lot more fun and engaging. Mainly using focal elegia and clear mg.

I maybe bias toward ESS since I spent a lot of time on the su-9 (and I like that dac a lot) while waiting for the jot/bf2.

Also got my jot and bf2 3 weeks ago (after 20 weeks of wait). So a lot of listening session to do.

4 Likes

Sounds like a nice way to spend a weekend!

1 Like

Is this better than the TrueMultibit? Where do you get this card, and is it hard to install. Finally, would it kill the warranty of the unit?

You can order the card directly from Schiit. Products → Upgrades → ES9028 DAC card. Installation is quiet easy if you know how to use a screwdriver :wink:

3 Likes

Can’t make any Input/comment since I don’t have any experienced with schiit’s True Multibit Dac…

The ESS Dac module can be purchase at schiit’s website.

And yes this apparently and unfortunately would void your warranty because this goes against their “non serviceable parts” just be aware of that.

1 Like

My second Asgard 3 developed the same distortion in the right ear after 3 weeks.

Emailed them again. I’m not the only one reporting this problem.

Sorry you are having issues. That really sucks… I got my Asgard around March and I’ve been listening to it every weekend since then. I have not experienced any issues besides getting jumpscared by the loud clicks of the relays when I turn it off.
Are the Asgards being made at the Texas shop now? If they are, I wonder if they are having a shaky transition

ummm… yeah… you are right… this new little DAC card is pretty sweet. Just installed it in my Jot2 and it’s really enjoyable. I previously had the multi-bit card in the Jot2 and it was underwhelming. This has a better synergy with the Jot2 - sound quality is closer to the Modius DAC than the Modi DAC. But you can’t beat the convenience of having it all in one box! Gotta love some audiophile simplicity for the desk setup.

Yes - I agree. sinc-S sounds especially good. poly-sinc-gauss has a pretty nice sound on this DAC card as well…

Anyway - this is easily the best $100 I’ve spent in a long time. Thanks for the good recomendation!

3 Likes

Yo. Gald you like it as much as I do and yeah I totally agree the conveience of having an all in one desktop setup is just great if you are not a sucker for stacks. I prefer an all in one on my desk any day.

Update: the replacement came home. I think I was supposed to inform the Schiit Support Team. That explains the 2-3 weeks wait. Other than that, the replacement arrived within a day after the Operator was notified.

6 Likes

On my 3rd Asgard 3 now. The other two units were good for the first few weeks. I’m now getting some weird static in the left ear on this 3rd unit. Need to do more A/B testing with my Magni 2.

All in all, Schiit has been very good about RMA’ing and not messing around with responses.

As @Shinidoshi said though, you should respond to your email saying you shipped it back. I noticed my 3rd one wasnt sent until I did as well.

Yikes. While I appreciate that Schiit is doing everything in their power to make it right, I would be pretty much over it by now after number three took a dump. I admire your patience. I think I would have been done by now and ready to move onto something else. I’m nearly there now after nearly 2 months of waiting and no Jot 2, no communication and now practically no hope of ever seeing the damned thing.

And now I worry that if it does ever get here, it will be defective. Not very confidence inspiring. One wonders how Schiit allowed themselves to get into this mess in the first place. Oh well. I wish you the best and that number 4 will be the one.

1 Like

Maybe if you’d cancel that Jot2 order we’d all be spared this consistent rehashing of your ire with Schiit.

1 Like

Nope, not gonna happen! But to your point, I will not mention it again until November 1. A fair compromise.

1 Like

sounds like the ghost of Nwavguy came back to haunt the Asgard line again after Schitt’s move to TX. /s

at least more humorous than the current reality that anyone in the IC business is dealing with insane supply chain issues if they didn’t have a ton of stock stored up.

1 Like

Not sure how much of their issues are with ICs vs farmed out parts. They’ve got backorders on black housings for some models.

1 Like

Its not just Schiit…I had a Bryston BH-1 on order since July…no end in sight in getting this amp here.
I cancelled the order.

Unfortunately the world logistics and supply stuff is in deep Schiit!

On the flip side, the demand is high for good stuff…so it sells. And you have to wait. Sorry its just the way it is…there are other good choices out there as well…

I recently sold a bunch of Schiit…and it was sold almost instantaneously…wonder why…

Enjoy the music…

1 Like

Copy that. And I get it. I guess what pissed me off was when the web site clearly said units ordered without modules would ship in 2-3 days, all others 6-8 weeks. They didn’t bother to mention that just because I ordered a Black one that put me on the 6-8 week list. Had I known that I never would have ordered it in the first place. That is all in the rear view now.

I will wait until November 1 and then just do as @lrjshabaz suggests, accept that it’s over and cancel the order. Life is too short to be hung out to dry like this. Thanks for the input.

1 Like

As much as I like Schiit and the dilemma they and we all are in…you dont have to wait…Schiit often states that there are many great products out there…

Alex

I just got done comparing the ESS module to the Modious AKM. They are very hard to hear any difference. Using the A3 as a preamp or listening direct.

1 Like