šŸ”· Schiit Asgard 3

Congrats!! Its a good amp and should serve you well!!

:>)

1 Like

I think they only complaints Iā€™ve read about it is that to some its a bit softer sounding. Iā€™m sure it will be a nice step up from my G6 amp. I shall report back once Iā€™ve spent a bit of time with it.

These ā€œcomplaintsā€ are very subjective and can ā€œbiasā€ you into thinking the same.
Be careful and be honest to yourselfā€¦often the source music, your headphones and moods will
often ā€œcloudā€ your experienceā€¦

Most modern day SS amps are really decentā€¦

the best
Alex

2 Likes

Yes, Sorry I should have elaborated that it didnā€™t suit their tastes compared to other amps.
Iā€™m starting to wonder if this is going to stat me off on a quest as Iā€™ve already started looking for a used Magni 3+ to leave at workā€¦

1 Like

Yā€™all know any official reason it went up $50?

I think they said ā€œDemand, HFG HypeTrain, 866 postsā€

Quoted from the other forum.

1 Like

All in all its still a decent price for an excellent amp, I paid $250 for the OG Asgard and this one is definitely worth $50 moreā€¦

For the initial price of $199 it was a stealā€¦

Inflation is not an excuse its a reality of the times, I dont like it one bit, but its there for sure.

Enjoy the music while you can!

Alex

2 Likes

Got my new ESS DAC card but I canā€™t figure out how to remove the knob? Help?

Well I feel lucky for getting a $199 order in for mine. (+modius)

Didnā€™t notice a huge difference on my Nighthawk Carbons from a Magni 2, but there was a nice little bump to my ears.

Eagerly awaiting my T60RP Argon for comparison though.

Ok. Pull hard with a rubber bike tube for grip and it came off. Had to remove the whole board as the card doesnā€™t slide in with the main board bolted down. So full disassembly. Sounds great. Will A/B with a modious, E300 and this new card in a week or two. Volume level is similar to the input on the back for an E30 or the original D30. Plenty of gain off the card.

Schiit Unison Universal Dac:

Default Output Device: Yes
Manufacturer: Schiit Audio
Output Channels: 2
Current SampleRate: 192000
Transport: USB
Output Source: Default

First Schitt ESS DAC. Donā€™t have anything else to compare it to for a bit.

2 Likes

My Asgard 3 after 3 weeks is now suffering from massive distortion on the left channel.

tested with a Modi 3 as well, different headphone cables, issue is definitely isolated to the Asgard 3 unit itself. (I switched the RCA hookups as well and Iā€™m currently running my Modius into my Magni 2)

Upon searching around thereā€™s quite a few people with the same issue. Personally Iā€™d be pretty wary of Schiitā€™s QC right now. Obviously some people might not be isolating the problem correctly.

Send them a message ASAPā€¦they will take care of you.

Holiday weekend in USA right now, but Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll get back to me.

1 Like

Hi, what is the depth of the Asgard? whether 6 inches is counted with or without a knob. I have not a lot of desk space so i would like to make sure, pls

Without knob is 6" and with is about 6.75"

Size: 9 x 6 x 2"

Check out at Schiit.com

Thanks, soā€¦ I must to change my desk :grinning:

Size: 9 x 6 x 2"

Check out at Schiit.com

They donā€™t write with or without the knob

2 Likes

Yeah they probably donā€™t tell you because itā€™s not integral to the base and having to sit on the surface and donā€™t expect anyone to put anything in front of it. Still would be nice info for sure.

Randomly works fine now. :frowning:

1 Like