Schiit Bifrost 2

I’m not sure what there is to discuss.
It’s a yes no thing, to you in your system, they either sound different or they don’t.
I personally hear a difference between DAC’s and IME those differences only get bigger as your chain improves.
I will say there is negligible if any difference in FR from DAC’s, which makes quick A/B switching hard to differentiate. Peoples descriptive language is also often misleading, talking about more pronounced Bass when they are really talking about dynamics etc.

Confirmation bias also works both ways.

6 Likes

It better be for a 700% jump in price. :grin:

1 Like

I think this is one of the more difficult things to learn in the hobby. Not only do you have to learn the listen for the differences but you also have to learn how to best describe those differences. Warmth sometimes can be described as full bodied when they’re different things. Also Instrument separation and location which tends to be more of a detail thing can sometimes be confused with staging and depth. So it’s best to double check or clarify meanings.

2 Likes

Coke vs Pepsi are so different, smooth vs bite. Like chip vs multibit/r2r dacs

2 Likes

Coke and Big K are the same :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Long read - but my impressions going from topping D70s → Modi+ → BF2 are in there somewhere:)

3 Likes

I find them to be good with headphones. I find them to be awesome with speakers.

I finally got one!!

17 Likes

is that more schiit behind it with an RNHP I see? Been a bit busy shopping huh? lmao

RNHP + Bifrost 2 + Focal Clear MG is awesome imo

4 Likes

Not really haha. All the behind gear is from 2020. The BF2 is my second purchase of 2021.

@Falenkor my body is ready for the clear MG. But, my wallet isn’t!!!

I am tempted to buy the clear OG with extra pads from headphones.com thought …

My BF2 went out last night. Heard a pop in my cans followed by silence. No relays are switching when I power cycle or switch inputs. I suspect it to be the power supply because the transformer is rather loud now and is causing the case to vibrate slightly.

4 Likes

Darn. Did you leave yours on or turn it on and off with use?

I left mine on and sometimes I would hear relay clicking in the middle of the night while everything else plugged into it was off. I was always afraid it wouldn’t work when I woke up… funny enough it died while I was using it.

2 Likes

Have you contacted Schiit about it yet?

Yeah I filled out the service form, just waiting for an RA number.

That’s good to hear they are gonna replace it. Hopefully it was just a bad batch of some component.

I think they’re gonna repair it. Highly likely it ends up being the power supply. Shouldn’t be too bad of a fix if so.

1 Like

Either way still a bummer that it’s gonna be outta commission for a while.

Just saw that Schiit had a couple of Bifrost 2’s on B-stock, so I went ahead and bought one of them.

4 Likes

Two silver ones available 115v

2 Likes