🔶 Sendy Aiva

I ended up leaving on the perf pads because there really isn’t a downside to them. The bass change is very minute thb

That’s frickin’ brilliant.

So here’s my impressions of the Sendy Aiva.

I think these are VERY EASY to recommend.

Physically they are beautiful and attractive without feeling fragile and ‘precious’. Emphasis on beautiful

Sound-wise, I would charactize them both forward and laid-back. They have sounded great with everything I’ve listened to so far. VERY satisfying both in vocals and low-end impact, and detail. Open and wide.
If ever there was an argument against being a “graph whore”… this is it. =P (it’s joke :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: if you love to rely on graphs, that’s okay)

The cord is beautiful. They work well portable. They come with a really nice case. Yeah, these are worth it.

8 Likes

Cool I see an Elex & NDH20 in the background.

How do they compare to the Elex?

It’s like having 2 children and you would feel ‘wrong’ comparing them against each other because you really love them both. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the Elex is still technically superior. But, emotionally, I am really liking the Sendy Aivas a lot. It has partly to do with the build and also very much to do with how they sound. You’ll need to give me more time to get over the “honey-moon” period with them.

1 Like

Lol. Yeah I’ve actually posed this same question very recently to Antpage

I was contemplating between the 2, but the sale on the Sendy’s sort of made the decision easier, but I was just curious to hear.

If the Sendy Aiva was the ONLY thing I owned, I think I would still be extremely happy.

1 Like

Hey, does anyone know where you can buy the Blon B20 pads? I’d like to try them with the Sendy Aiva. The narrow top of the Sendy Aiva creates some discomfort after longer listening sessions.

1 Like

You can try the brainwavz sheepskin angle pads. I use that one with my pair, and I think it brings you more soundstage without losing clarity. Some people also suggest zmf universe pads.

2 Likes

Thanks! Just ordered the Suade and Lambskin perforated pads from ZMF. Those looks very nice. =)

nice review. wow, never thought of switching pads on these. is there a pad that gives more midrange?

1 Like

I’ll let you know what I think of the ZMF pads when I try them out. =)

I see you were using the smsl sp200 with the aivas, how does the sp200 pair with the aiva? I have the fx audio dac x6 running my aivas. It sounds good but know its a low end dac/amp. Would you guys say use the dac in the fx audio and go sp200, or… geshelli labs enog 2 pro and archel 2 pro. Same price more or less.

Also saw someone saying the $50 shipping from musictech is rought for $25 pads. I used aramex global and came out to about $15 to south africa.

They only offered the one option to Canada funny enough.

Who musictech or aramex global? They have a adress in the US. So i chose the free shipping from musictech to the given US adress. And then AG ships it to the selected country. Just thought it might help some guys out. It helped me a lot

if you can afford it i say go with the sp200. the THX amps are revolutionary in the headphone amp world. the best amps you can get short of paying hundreds of dollars

The THX amps are certainly the Kings of Transparent, neutral and flat amps. If you are an audiophile or if you are consumed by measurements these are on a separate level.

If you like “fun” headphones/amps that add some flavour to the music, you will not like the THX amps. I respect the THX for its specs and ability to render a headphone naked, but they are really not for everybody.

1 Like

what do you think is a good fun amp?

Cavalli Liquid Spark, Schiit Vali 2 and Burson Fun-Classic. I should also add the Cavill LCX, but I think it is more “specialized”.

Basically every amp I own besides the SP200.:grin: