šŸ”¶ Sendy Aiva

Hey, does anyone know where you can buy the Blon B20 pads? Iā€™d like to try them with the Sendy Aiva. The narrow top of the Sendy Aiva creates some discomfort after longer listening sessions.

1 Like

You can try the brainwavz sheepskin angle pads. I use that one with my pair, and I think it brings you more soundstage without losing clarity. Some people also suggest zmf universe pads.

2 Likes

Thanks! Just ordered the Suade and Lambskin perforated pads from ZMF. Those looks very nice. =)

nice review. wow, never thought of switching pads on these. is there a pad that gives more midrange?

1 Like

Iā€™ll let you know what I think of the ZMF pads when I try them out. =)

I see you were using the smsl sp200 with the aivas, how does the sp200 pair with the aiva? I have the fx audio dac x6 running my aivas. It sounds good but know its a low end dac/amp. Would you guys say use the dac in the fx audio and go sp200, orā€¦ geshelli labs enog 2 pro and archel 2 pro. Same price more or less.

Also saw someone saying the $50 shipping from musictech is rought for $25 pads. I used aramex global and came out to about $15 to south africa.

They only offered the one option to Canada funny enough.

Who musictech or aramex global? They have a adress in the US. So i chose the free shipping from musictech to the given US adress. And then AG ships it to the selected country. Just thought it might help some guys out. It helped me a lot

if you can afford it i say go with the sp200. the THX amps are revolutionary in the headphone amp world. the best amps you can get short of paying hundreds of dollars

The THX amps are certainly the Kings of Transparent, neutral and flat amps. If you are an audiophile or if you are consumed by measurements these are on a separate level.

If you like ā€œfunā€ headphones/amps that add some flavour to the music, you will not like the THX amps. I respect the THX for its specs and ability to render a headphone naked, but they are really not for everybody.

1 Like

what do you think is a good fun amp?

Cavalli Liquid Spark, Schiit Vali 2 and Burson Fun-Classic. I should also add the Cavill LCX, but I think it is more ā€œspecializedā€.

Basically every amp I own besides the SP200.:grin:

I donā€™t think I would call tube amps ā€œfunā€ but after close to a week with the 789 I am missing a little bit of the body that tubes add to a lot of my music. But I also am skewed because I was using mostly tube amps waiting 6 freaking months for the 789

Thanx guys, so the dac in the fx audio will be adequate for the sp200? Thats the thing im not sure which route. Will the archel 2 pro have enough power for the aiva since its a bit weaker than the original archel pro. My fx audio drives my aivas to loud loud volumes at 12pm with plenty of headroom but if I turn it up a bit more the highs peak and the bass almost disappears in comparison with the volume. Im looking for a amp that will last me for the next couple of years but then also I know the dac also plays a big roll

Im basicly just looking for a solid upgrade over the fx adudio dac x6.

The X6ā€™s DAC will work with the SP200 using its line out. That should give you plenty of power forā€¦almost any headphone. Down the road a DAC upgrade will improve the overall sound, but X6->SP200 will be fully functional and an upgrade for the time being.

Think I may have resolved the comfort issues I was having by just loosening the vice grip of the metal part of the head band. Similar approach to how itā€™s done with senn headbands. Helps a lot, IMO.

How do you mean looseing the vice grip of the metal band? Bending it open in a way?

Yea i know the fx audioā€™s dac will work with the sp200, was wondering more about sound quality as the sp200 reveals a dac quite easily.