šŸ”¶ Sendy Aiva

yeah just bending it open a bitā€¦ but gentlyā€¦ just work it from end to end. I did the same thing with the Senn 660s.

Mine is just perfect, i prefer a tighter clamp overall. Had the shp9500 and they were just too loose. X2ā€™s were better but the aivas are just perfect

1 Like

Pad swapping with 2 sets of ZMF pads.

Perforated lambskin and suade.
Personally leaning towards the suade. You lose out a bit of the bass punch, but in exchange, it really cleans up the transition to the mid-range makes these sound cleaner overall. Iā€™d have to spend more time with bothā€¦ But these take well to tuning adjustment via pad swap.

2 Likes

Swapping the pads on the sendy? Blasphemy lol

Dual ā€˜Lā€™ Blasmephy Edition. =D

4 Likes

Gotta admit it does look pretty nice lol

Iā€™m curious to know if anyone else has tried the perforated suadeā€¦ IMO they sound quite a bit better. I feel whatever driver they sourced are already really well tuned and they just need air to breath. Running through my playlist and they are sounding fantastic to me.

Of the headphones I own, the Aivas were one pair I never considered a swap on because I enjoyed them as they were. But I have a few ZMF headphones coming soon and I will check it out

Yeah, I always thought the sound was already great and the comfort was super good, so I didnā€™t really have a reason to change pads after I got the perforated pair of stock pads

yeah, i was personally having issues with the comfort. Oddly, Iā€™m okay with ear smashers like the NDH 20ā€¦ but these were putting pressure on my ear cartilage in just the exact way to make them uncomfortable after 30 minutes.

I experimented with the stock pads by putting my finder between my jaw/earlobe just to break the seal a bit. Boy did the bass come to play. Thats probably why the new perforated suade pads take to well. I also think they need some air to breathe and open up. And yea they do look very very nice with those pads

I spent more time with it yesterday, swapping between the stock and lambskin perforated. The suade Perforated smooth out the treble a bit. Think itā€™s less reflections helping it out. Vocals and mids come forward more. IMO they sound very nice. Still bass accented overall, but tuned a bit less. Everything else is improved overall, I think.

Thats awesome to know. Will see how the upgrade pads go and take it from there. Not that they need pad swops, we just like to tinker you know lol

So I received my new aiva pads today, couldnā€™t wait to try them out. I took of the old pads and installed the new pads. Boy the new stiff foam feels nice. No more driver crincle as well. Awesome. But then I pressed playā€¦ and my mood just dropped. I had insane channel imbalance, all the bass were coming from the left. Next song, next song all the same. I was so sad/angry. I just put them down. Came back 10min later and tried again. And it was a bit betterā€¦

ā€¦now for the HaHa part.

Im sick, I have the flue. My one ear didnā€™t pop and that caused the other ear to hear things differently. I tried to equalise and its good now. Now I just notice I must turn my amp up way more for the same volume. So will do a proper report on the new pads once im better.

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦ the fact that sinus pressure can affect audio just as much, if not moreā€¦ then tiny differences in audio equipment is one of the major reasons I try not to worry about small differences in audio gear. lol. I hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy your new pads. =)

Iā€™m surprised Saline nasal spray isnā€™t pushed more as a must-own audiophile accessoryā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Bwahahaha so true, but im just glad its that and nothing wrong with my Aivas. I explaned to my wife what to listen for and played her some tracks. She said the sound came from the middle of her head. I was happy lol

Worst things to me are the stuff that affects my hearing lol

Cant even listen to my sendis properly tonight. Lifeā€™s not fair bwahahah

Any one know what the headband is made of ? is it leather , if so which ?

I think itā€™s leather but I donā€™t know for sure. Itā€™s very soft and pliable. The case is leather