šŸ”¶ Sendy Peacock

Iā€™d suggest researching into what you want from a headphone and looking at a lot of reviews in different places so you can get a wider idea of what is good for you. Creating a thread to get suggestions based on your needs and your current source gear can also really help you narrow down your search, thereā€™s a bunch of great people who can help you on here :blush:

2 Likes

Heā€™s already released the review on his Patreon?

1 Like

Yes he did.

2 Likes

There is a new review for Peacock. Hope it helps you know more about it.

1 Like

Let the sound demo go

Full review goes live tomorrow. Good luck.

3 Likes

seems like an accurate personification of the reviewers. if i want to know the high level performance of a headphone i look up resolve or ASR, but i will take resolves opinion over Amir at ASR because amir has even more problems than zeos in the exact opposite direction which i respect less because its just being snobby. zeos at least i believe is telling the truth in the moment but i would never tell a family member to purchase based on a zeos review but i would tell them to watch for fun and get into the hobby and see new models of stuff. DMS can be interchanged with resolve but he barely uploads so it doesnt count really. then you have josh V which i find to be kinda in no mans land i dont know how much to trust? so again i just watch to see cool gear that i will look up later.

anyways these seem like they are not for me. the bland high end can sometimes create cool spacial sounds but the lack of sub bass and inconsistent past products, let alone the price unless resolve or someone swears by them its not worth. i like detail and these are tuned quite tame in the highs almost flat like 1266 or MEZE which are only loved by a rich sub community. very sexy though.

1 Like

Look, the hype train has been around forever. Tin P1, Thieaudio Phantom, Sendy Aiva, GL2000 etc. If you trust Zeos ā€œChi-fi Salesmanā€ Pantera blindly you deserve to waste your hard earned money.

3 Likes

Well, he certainly doesnā€™t have to sell me on these, most enjoyable headphones i have listened to so far. They are however clearly not a good choice for people who prefer reference tuning.

4 Likes

Itā€™s fairly simple if youā€™ve watched him long enough: Zeos is a SOUND STAGE reviewer.

If you put analytical vs. big sound stage, 100% Zeos would choose the latter. Since the review just came out, Zeos just proved this point saying that the Peacock = Negative Abyss, think about that.

1 Like

As with all reviewers you have to know their preferred taste. If itā€™s not the same as yours then you will be disappointed with anything the reviewer gives praise to.

4 Likes

Yes, this. If you note some of the preferences he gets giddy about, his interest in the ā€œshape of soundā€ and enjoyment of live, atmospheric performance ā€” you start to understand where he gets his buttons pushed beyond FR graphs.

A lot of hype, but to be honest, I can understand Zā€™s opinion.

When I compare the peacockā€™s with other headphones in this price category, they actually sound a bit ā€œblandā€ and ā€œtightā€.

Is that why the peacockā€™s are ā€œbetterā€; NO!

But differently, and in a good way.

Comparable to a high-quality meal, while some prefer the puristic taste of the respective ingredients with a pinch of salt.

Do others like the same menu, with a harmoniously coordinated variety of spices.

As far as Iā€™m concerned, I like both, depending on my mood / form of the day.

5 Likes

ZEOS has a magical ability to get me excited and want a product even when Iā€™ve made up my mind Iā€™m not interested in it. After I just watched his Peacock review, Iā€™m brainwashed that I need it.

3 Likes

Heā€™s a good salesman

3 Likes

Lol I donā€™t think the Zeos hype train can make this thing sell out considering itā€™s $1500 and most people found the Aiva to be meh. But weā€™ll see. Itā€™s in stock on Musicteck atm.

Welcome to the Linsoul storeā€¦this way sir

8 Likes

It looks the part of a flagship. Iā€™ll give it that. Very comfortable too.

11 Likes

Dude, your photos have been inspiring me to take better and better photos of my gear for years. I love your work. Thank you.

Ha ha, tell me about it!

I was one of them.

2 Likes

This is part true. Except when the reviewer clearly describes what the headphone sounds like. For example, SIVGA P-II is a warm headphone, itā€™s a good headphone, but I still prefer something brighter like the iBasso SR2 or something similar.

It depends on the reviewerā€™s approach. My approach is adaptive, and I always aim to express what a product IS. Sometimes this does taking a step back from my personal preference. Just because something doesnā€™t fit your personal preference doesnā€™t make it a bad product. What does make a bad product are bad qualities, and those should always be expressed.

1 Like

I just got through doing a side-by-side listen of the sound demo of the Peacock and AEON Noire, since Zeos used the same tracks for both, and it surprised me just how much I preferred the Noire. Now, I know thereā€™s no substitute for listening to the headphones in person, but the Peacockā€™s just sounded less clear, less detailed, and more relaxed than the Noire. Starting to think that my preferences lean more towards DMSā€™s/Andrewā€™s than Zeosā€™, lol.

5 Likes