đŸ”¶ Sennheiser HD58x Jubilee

I don’t think 1 ply of toilet paper makes any difference

You’ve obviously not tried twinsavers mate
 They genuinely transform headphones. STAX has even bought into the business and has pledged to give $500 dollars to each person toilet paper modding their headphones and posting about it online.

1 Like

By the way, uh, who the hell said “neutral” means “dull” or “boring” headphones

You need to listen to good music, dammit! :smiley: Justin Bieber will still sound like shit on 3000$ headphones, and it’s not the headphones’ fault (greetings from Canada, by the way).

2 Likes

I have considered getting a balanced cable from Periapt but have heard that their cables have a lot of microphonics. I’m not sure if there are better options for the price.

20$ Rebate:

Finally got around to modding my 58x
 I did the K240 felt mod to the driver and rolled pads to Dekoni Elite Velour and wow I really like what this has done to the sound.

There was never anything wrong with the sound to begin with, but before the mod I thought the sound was a little too similar to my 6xx to justify me actually keeping the 58x in my collection, 9/10 times I would always grab my 6xx over these for listening sessions. Now I actually have a reason to hold onto the 58x and use them more often. The felt mod has effectively increased clarity and detail (especially upper mids and highs) but reduced bass, The Dekoni pads add more bass which cancel out the reduction from the felt mod (just slightly more bass than stock now) and cuts down the treble a tad. Plus they are infinitely more comfortable now.

Might try the furniture pad driver mod next instead of k240 felt to see how it does, also thinking about some dekoni hybrids next time they come around on massdrop or maybe Yaxi pads

3 Likes

Nice! Glad its caught on, and your digging it. I may try with some of the other dampening they have suggested since I cant be sure if the og felt mod I did holds up sound quality wise. Ppl get way to protective of the og sennheiser pads on the 58x when its not as crucial compared to say the 6xx.

2 Likes

Interested to hear how the K240 mod compares to the furniture pad mod, if you decide to try it out. I’ve had mine almost a year and haven’t modded them at all. I’d love to have a little fun with some modding :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to know I’m not crazy. Dekoni pads and a dampening mod seem to work rather well. I might advise against the furniture pads dampening since it increases total harmonic distortion while the k240 foam lowers it a tad. If you want less bass then try toilet paper like I did (it doesn’t affect distortion and such). Works great with the dekoni elite velour pads.

2 Likes

wasn’t the 58x manufactured in ireland? Now it’s manufactured in romania? why the change?

I heard this about the 6-- range, but not the 58x’s. Maybe someone here who bought 58x’s recently from massdrop can confirm or deny if they are made in Romania now.

Bought mine a couple of months ago. Says made in Romania on the box.

It could be made in China for all I care as long as they keep the same quality and consistency it should be fine

1 Like

It has been informed in 2018 that they open a new factory in EMEA region.
https://en-de.sennheiser.com/sennheiser-plans-new-factory-in-romania

It seems that during this summer, headphones are starting to come out from this new factory site and products that are made in Ireland have run out or are being directed to other regions.
Who knows.
So probably many Sennheiser headphones & models are coming from this factory from now on to EMEA region. Wondering could they be more focused on Drop products in this site since the sales have been so good and still are going?

Ah makes sense I got one this past spring and it made in Ireland still

The globalist conspiracy.

i really do hope the quality is the same because i plan on buying a second one later this month

I wouldn’t be surprised. They blew up with the 6xx and the 58x, so I would assume building a separate facility to allow for cheaper and quicker production of their products like the ones on drop wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility. They also could be working on a new collab as well and need new tooling or something. I just wonder how much massdrop products actually contributed to their revenue and sales, compared to the rest of their lineup (in the us at least)

I believe I heard new HD650s are also made in Romania (and were “imperfect” for a while, but it’s now fixed – new factory adjustments – see the SBAF forums).

Sennheiser is huge (they don’t only sell headphones either), so I don’t believe Romania is the “Sennheiser/Massdrop” factory.

1 Like

Oh of course, but I bet that gives them more room to experiment and try out new products or collaborations. The high end stuff probably won’t be made there, but it might open some doors for some more competitively priced mid-range options