🔶 Sennheiser HD58x Jubilee

I have the HD58X and the Grado RS2e, and the RS2Es sound much clearer, and more alive, with just as much punch down low.

I like my Hd58X headphones, but they are no match for my awesome Grado RS2e. The RS2e have the Grado house sound, but smoother, more refined, less harsh

But also attached cable and $500

4 Likes

The Grado’s are 3 time the price of the HD58X… not really a comparison…

3 Likes

I hate the “grado house sound”. I made the mistake of buying Grado SR60e’s… can’t use em. Treble murder. Will give em to a friend. My HD58Xs are great for a neutral, reference sound, enjoyment, mixing, mastering… don’t sound sterile at all, but can be used as a tool for home studios too…

To each their own, obviously.

1 Like

Grados get better as you climb the tree. I had SR325s and liked thed sound, but they were WAY too noisy. I later learned that this was “brightness”. Climb the tree and the brightness goes away.

1 Like

Im new in the audiophile scene and i’ve been wanting to orser the 58x for a while! My main concern is the shipping time, i live in europe and i have seen people saying they waited 6+ months for them to arrive (those posts were made in 2018 tho). I really cant afford to wait that long, any of you know if shipping times are actually that long?

1 Like

Ciao Francesco, I ordered one February 2nd and it arrived in Madrid 11 days later. Now with the virus around and the post office working part time only think about three weeks. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Focal Stellia VS HD58X frequency response graph. :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-4/graph#891/3992/794

3 Likes

If I wanted the 6XX with more bass extension would the 58X be a good option? The only flaw I have with them is that I wish the bass was a little more prominent, and I don’t like to EQ.

Yup. I heard some people prefer their 58Xs to their 6XXs because of the bass kick or their smooth warmth. :slight_smile:

For more bass and also more soundstage, I’d personally recommend the Monoprice M650s. Considering they’re sometimes for sale for 60$, it’s a steal for the price.

2 Likes

should i avoid schiit how about hifiman?

I haven’t owned the HD6XX’s for a few years, so I can’t really comment on those. But a few months ago I owned the HD600’s and the HD58X’s. I preferred the HD58X’s all day, every day over six different amps. The HD58X’s were Fun and sounded great. The HD600’s underwhelmed me daily.

But when I bought a tube amp things changed drastically. But up until then I was and still am a huge fan of the cheap Senns. And I bought them used.

1 Like

My 1st HP’s were the HD58X, love them. My 2nd HP’s are the Sundara’s, Love them too. I enjoy the diversity of having a dynamic and planar to listen to.

Some folks have had bad experiences with HiFiMan products especially the Sundara’s. My pair has been working great for a few months now with zero issues. I think the amount good out numbers the amount of bad, that is why I chose to buy the Sundara’s.

1 Like

That is a nice start. I am not really a Senn fan, but those HD58X’s are Amazing for the price. And the Sundara’s are way better than I had even hoped for. Two great values in different classes.

Sometimes this hobby is Very satisfying. :grinning:

2 Likes

Some folks have had bad experiences with HiFiMan products especially the Sundara’s.

This is one of the reasons I’m still keeping away from them. Seen and read too many horror stories about HiFiMan products and QA issues. Happy yours are holding up well though!

1 Like

I have never had a problem with their quality.
I HATED the sound of the HE4XX’s, but the physical quality was as good as anything else I have ever owned and I had them for several months.
And the Sundara’s seem to be following the same path.

1 Like

Seems they are getting better I haven’t heard a hifiman horror story In a while and those that do pop up seem to be from the earlier batches kicking the bucket finally where most of the horror stories come from. And from what I’ve heard hifiman is pretty good rma wise

you and me brother lol, only ones i know of that HATED the 4xx but love the sundaras. I’ve yet to have issues with QC and them but i’ve bought used so pure tried and tested stuff. btw i got the elex in, ur right the sundara and elex are actually suuuper different where keeping both is pretty reasonable.

2 Likes

Two similar, but great flavours of sound. :+1:

1 Like