šŸ”¶ Sennheiser HD58x Jubilee

just got an update saying they havenā€™t received the headphones and will arrive sometime in the next two weeks rip

definitely not, but it really does depend on DROPā€¦ I have had some cases where the item arrived within a few days and other cases it took over a month

on the brightside I got my 990 premiums that you recommended and Iā€™m very happy with them. Just need a 3070 gpu now so I can build my pc

1 Like

awesome man, glad I could help! 990s have a permanent special place on my wall as my first audiophile headphone. I do pick them up every now and then. The Focal Clears kind of replaced the 58x jubilee here for me though lol.

ah yeah, I was going to upgrade my own pc but with how things are right now I figured I would just pass on it till later this yearā€¦ let things settle down a little lol. I donā€™t game anymore on the consoles like I used too and just use my PC.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll purchase anything for a while will just enjoy what I got. Donā€™t know what I would want to get to upgrade to or how much Iā€™d want to spend.

1 Like

do they support balanced XLR connections? I have an Magnius/Modius stack for my setup. If so where is a good place to buy balanced XLR cables?

Yes, the 58x does support a 4-pin XLR to dual Senn proprietary connectors. These are relatively easy to find on Amazon, or if you are in the US (or donā€™t mind importing elsewhere), solutions like Hart Audio are nice to provide future flexibility.

drop.com has some as well.

Thanks man your comment was really helpful! Iā€™m new to this audio stuff so quick question do I get the female or male XLR cable? Thanks again!

Thanks for the help man. Yea I found them but they are sold out at the moment. Thanks again!!

Hereā€™s an example from Amazon. Itā€™d be a male 4-pin XLR to take advantage of a balanced amp with 4-pin XLR output

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z4M1BM9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_09CJ9AXRBCY52524KNBH

Or if you were interested in the Hart Audio system, hereā€™s what youā€™d need.

Or for a variety of amp connections, one of the multi kits.

Be awareā€¦drop is behind with both the 58x and 6xx. My friend ordered the 58xx
before Christmas, was then told would be getting end of Jan. then got a message will be another two weeks. I also see new orders say plan to ship next at the end of March.

ah thats too bad. Thankfully I bought my 58X when they first launched. Good luck to your friend man.

1 Like

thanks man! This has been extremely helpful!

water is wet

Hey everyone, need a little bit of help again. My HD58x are arriving tomorrow and I still havent decided on amp/dac combo. First choice was zen dac/can stack but iā€™ve read that the sound will get too warm with that stack, so I wanted to ask what would you recommend me around 300 eur budget(gaming and basically every genre of music). I thought about combining zen can with topping d10 or zen can with smsl sanskrit 10th mk2. So what have you guys been using, how do you like your setups?

JDS Labs Atom Stack
Magni Heresy/Modi3+
What do these run to reach your door?

Not sure if itā€™s what you have in mind but my favorite amp to run my 58x on is my darkvoice.

Unfortunately none of them are available. JDS Labs Atom stack i could import but that would run me around $340 and schiit stack is not even possible to import because its out of stock everywhere :frowning:

I was looking at darkvoice but iā€™d have to shell out around $400 with import taxes and wait around a month to arrive.