Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

So as a follow up, here are a couple of pics, now that the skyline has changed:

First, the whole setup. This is where the magic happens! :smile:

One of these days I will actually get legit speaker stands for the BRO2s! And then of course here is a closer shot of the core components. As mentioned, I think the LP is a natural fit.

The new addition of the LP prompted some other exciting changes as well. I have re-cabled the SA-1 so that it is now preamping the DA-9 on the speaker side of the system. I have mentioned before what a nice job as a preamp the SA-1 does, and this new collaboration between it and the DA-9 is spectacular. With that done, I also changed the SH-9 so that is being fed in a straight balanced manner. The SH-9 is a good enough amp that it can stand on its own.

And there we are. Is this end game for this system? I am not sure, we’ll see. My guess (if I am being honest) is probably not! But we are pretty close. I can say for sure that it has never sounded better.

12 Likes

Equipment worth thousands of dollars and the speakers standing on cardboard boxes - classic :grin:

8 Likes

I know…

:laughing:

3 Likes

Alright, gang, I finally pulled the trigger on some decent stands for the BR02s. Looked at quite a few and decided on these. These are the Isoacoustics ISO-155. I like 'em!

A nice touch, I think. The speakers sound just as good as with the home brew solution as well. Maybe even a bit fuller. Too early to tell, but I certainly did no harm. Now the boxes can go back to being - boxes!

15 Likes

Looking really good there.

Regarding sonic changes, you most-likely are picking up on subtle differences related to height, position/placement and will need a bit of a “brain burn-in” period. I will say this if you find that it doesn’t suit you don’t force it, go back to what makes it sound best to you and spare what it looks like.

1 Like

Moon 100DLittle Dot Mk2 (with Voskhod 6J1P-EV + 6N6P tubes).
Nad HP50 or Sennheiser HD6XX headphones (not shown).

Links are my reviews.

6 Likes

I was in the same boat as you and just decided to go with $10.00 yoga blocks. Of course my speakers aim up, so I didn’t need a lot of height.

11 Likes

As of today…

11 Likes

Man you really like tubes dont ya ? :smiley:

1 Like

I like trying new things. The Valhalla and the LD will battle to the death and the loser will have to leave the house. His head hung in shame!

3 Likes

“Shame… Shame… Shame…”

To be honest Im kinda in the same boat, considering the TA-22 to upgrade my tube game (currently using Loxji P20 with some russian tubes), but i think that will have to wait for a bit

1 Like

I had that amp a few years ago (P20). Huge bang for the buck.
I ran a 16 Ohm headphone (iBasso SR2) through the Valhalla 2 and it handles it like a champ. Pretty impressive for a full tube amp.

My ideal collection is one SS, one hybrid and one tube amp.

Same - My current setup consists of a warm (IFI Zen Dac + Can) / SS (SMSL SU-9n + Topping A90D ) / Hybrid (Topping D10 Balanced + Loxji P20).
Im happy with the A90D and the zen stack but i would love a better tube amp

1 Like

Wow! And I thought I had a lotta gear. I was thinking I might need to start thinning the herd, but your pics are playing right into the side of me that’s tryin’ to justify keeping it all. :+1::metal::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Here’s me set up, though I wouldn’t exactly call it endgame as I have a lot of planned additions and upgrades.

Speakers: NX-Otica, which is a full open baffle DIY kit from GR Research.
Amps: Schiit Tyr monoblocks
Dac: SMSL VMV D1se
Streamer: Wiim Mini

11 Likes

I have heard very good things about GR reasearch. Dude seems like he really knows his stuff. Congrats on those!

1 Like

I understand the problem there.

I have been pondering what to get, and am leaning toward the xDuoo MT-602

I have been trying to sell my MT-602 for quite a while. Powerful little amp and just tiny.

I’m still on the lookout for a reasonably price full tube amp. The MT-602 seems to be in the same class (sound wise) as my P20, so it doesnt seem as apealing to me, from what ive heard the TA-22 should be better than both, but im not in a rush

1 Like

Isn’t the TA-22 a Dac as well?

1 Like