Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

Can i Haz Abyss headphones for free also?

1 Like

I asked Mon about this and he said the Ares and RNHP are a solid pair

1 Like

If you plan on a amp for the Abyss I’d suggest the headamp gsx mini with 4 watts of power. That was a good pairing for that can.

Here is one technique you could use to get some Abyss headphones for $0.

15 Likes

Is it irony saying your Setup is lame and apologizing for it? I, I apologise for nearly being irritated. Dude, your Setup: the SU-8 is, dare I say, 95% of what the Chord Hugo 2 is (I own one) the THX AAA 888 is one of the best Amplifier Chipsets available, and your Aeolus is universally loved. Lame as f** is more the polar opposite of what your setup is my man :wink:

1 Like

Wow that was a long time ago lol. Yeah i was down at the time i posted it. I just heard that the THX amps werent very good amps from Mon and the SU8 was almost entry level and the Aeolus lacked detail. so i wasnt very happy at the time

I should update my picture. Now i got a RNHP and a Bifrost 2. Also a Arya, Auteur and the Awesome new Helios.

3 Likes

That IS the issue with shitting on something. I used to shit on the 4xx but it’s like, that’s someone’s headphone ya know? And I could say that they shouldn’t get hurt about it but it’s not like they can help it. That’s why I try not to shit on any gear anymore and just accept it for its good qualities. No one should get their favorite new amp /headphone or whatever shat on and then feel bad about it.

6 Likes

Indeed one mans rough is an others :gem:…same goes for preferred sound sigs?

4 Likes

All Hartaudio cables now, makes life so much easier. I love my Periapt Cables, but the convenience and thinner cables makes the Hart easier to use.

EDIT: Don’t mind the MEE case, I have my BLON BL-03 in there. And lots of cat hair :smiley:

18 Likes

The shitting on gear from one manufacturer or another is so very common across all hobbies :joy: :scream:. Imagine spending $75 K on the biggest baddest toy and then having to listen to a million folks on the internet tell you how much that toy sucks…:rage:. (Ie. Ford vs Chevy vs anything else)
At least in this forum group we do our best to minimize this, especially with so many new to the hobby folks, trying to do the best they can on a budget. Don’t shit on budget gear, praise its good points when you can👍
Now back to some awesome pictures!!!

7 Likes

This baby will be around for a long time. Headphones might be subject to change, except the magnis :slight_smile:

22 Likes

My little corner. I’ve been learning so much from the forum so I appreciate all the knowledge. BasX and D50s incoming for the 880’s…

23 Likes

Nice setup! :+1:t4:

2 Likes

Just got the elegia in. Thankfully I still had a dual 3.5mm Hart cable from my Clear before I upgraded cables.

23 Likes

That’s called the M0NstaK

6 Likes

Would love to hear about that DAC comparison.

1 Like

audiosciencereview?

“So if you are itching to have an R2R/custom boutique DAC, the ARES II makes a good candidates.”

But there are batter ones as my own opinion.

2 Likes

What are the other options? I’m interested!

Soekris 1541 and Holo Audio Cyan at this price(ish).

If you want to include multibit then also the Schiit Modi And Bifrost Multibit.

1 Like

Both the Soekris and Cyan are fairly more expensive

Ares ii - $740
Soekris 1541 - $1299
Cyan - $1099

The Bifrost is the competitor to Ares ii as they perform at the same level and the price is close. And if you are really looking for a R2R Dac, then there are not many around. The Airist from Drop is only available secondhand, but that is one I would like to hear.

I was in the market for a new Dac and for me it was either the Ares ii or the Bifrost; the Ares ii is slightly cheaper, it is a true R2R, it has great reviews and M0N recommended the Ares ii. So I am currently waiting for my Ares ii to arive.

I didn’t find other better/similar performing Dacs at this price point, but the Multibit, but that has been out of stock in Europe all year.

3 Likes