Show me your wood ;)

Thanks for the info. I see a couple W1000 for sale on Ebay for not too unreasonable of a price, but I’ll probably also check other venues like Yahoo JP when time comes. May be worth shipping with Tenso or something when I purchase CDs again lol.

1 Like

ATH-W1000 Sovereign!

1 Like

gotcha for reference they shouldn’t be more than £300 delivered :slight_smile: hope it helps

Kinda new here, this is the only wood I’ve got so far…

8 Likes

Is that green card actually saying: “Thank you for purchasing snake oil product” ?
love it XD

Yes, it is:

well, If i had magnius-modius stack, I would definitely spend 45 usd too :smile:

Well, I’m still waiting on the stack, it’s scheduled to ship on the 19th, which can’t come soon enough…

Beautiful! Always wanted to get one

1 Like

This wood is incoming, just got finished for me today. :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

As I have posted in the “What did you buy today” thread, my new ATH-EW9. I was kinda expecting tuning closer to my AD900x, but these are really really bright lol. At first I felt the treble was way too much for me, but after 2 day of listening and some potential hearing loss, I really like how bright they are.

I really love this cherry wood. Wood on my violin is cool and all, but this deep red and subtle grain is gorgeous.

11 Likes

Decware tiny radials in exotic African padauk wood!

They look so beautiful :heart:

18 Likes

Not audio, but here is a small kitchen table top my dad made out of Cedar and had pour on acrylic etc.

15 Likes

I looked these up. It seems they do it in a few nice uncommon woods.

1 Like

i used to own the EMU teak with ebonies, is it true they have the most bass out of all the fostex implementations?

that matte finish is absolutely fantastic

gosh those TH’s really are the prettiest fostex implemented headphone, just simple minimalist two toned color design, fantastic matte finish!

1 Like

did you ever try to interchange between the fostex cups? hopefully i did right by my english here

if you have, which cups do you find to give the most bass? probably much bigger difference in the tuning between them all but i don’t know

Iirc, the purpleheart cups were the ones with the most stock bass at least with the x00 variants.

For me, I’ve tried the ebony and bamboo emu cups and level 4&5 Lawton cups so far. The level 4/5 cups are both the ones with the largest quantity of bass, and also the best resolution and bass quality. So far out of the emu cups, I’ve liked the bamboo the most, although I’m yet to try the ebony, teak and I think rosewoods on my d2000s.

1 Like

awesome, thanks kron! you may get surprised by the ebony cups!

have i heard your name in a youtube review video before? seems so familiar

1 Like