What did you buy today? (Part 2)

V2 w/dms pads. Phi are certainly on the to try list now though

2 Likes

Got the Ori cowhide (top) and Eikon hybrid (bottom) from ZMF

Also I must say, I love how ZMF wraps their pads like a Xmas gift.

15 Likes

Hmm, I think I want to hear more about the blown engine! That could well be the next “What Did You Buy Today”.

Running an Enduro test of a sketchy ass Enduro car a buddy is building with an old 22r engine and a big tubro off idk what. Turns out the turbo heat soaks and charge temps skyrocket after a whilr. I wasn’t paying attention to that and got some ping at full boost…

Good news is a new engine is $200 at any junkyard ever (and he already has a few). Bad news is it means I have to help fix it this weekend instead of relaxing

1 Like

LOL!! Copy. I used to crew for a local racer who ran an old Camaro on dirt oval and figure 8. Did it a few years, had big fun with it. Good luck with everything!

2 Likes

Got my KTE SU-2 in today

As well as some very special tiny radial speakers from decware… You can go check them out over here in the appropriate thread. Show me your wood ;) - #32 by Towa

26 Likes

Trying some Earbuds for the first time along with the KBEAR KS 1 for the girlfriends Switch…

Captsdfsdfsdfure Casdfaaaaapture

8 Likes

Well that’s your problem right there, you put a tubro on it.

3 Likes

Before the turbo my stock (besides swaybars, everything else from tires/wheels to shocks is stock) 74 beetle was doing better times around streets of willow than this pos was :joy:

1 Like
4 Likes

Any particular reason you went with the SU-2 over the SU-6?

No reason other than I was recommended the kte tuned ver. su-2 over the regular ver and su-6 from someone I trust. I don’t even really know the difference between the two units tbh I have seen that people generally prefer the su-6 over the standard su-2 but I believe that’s to be expected considering the price difference. I don’t think their has been much feedback on the kte ver but from what I’ve heard it’s sweet and sounds pretty different from stock

4 Likes

Any time you want to go to the off-topic category and talk about it, I’m up for it! There’s already an F1 thread up. So let’s do some local flavor too!

2 Likes

Haha. Will do! Im not sure how I feel about a grassroots motorsports thread, bit im certain down for a general car discussion one!

1 Like

Oh my God. You know that look your Dog gives you when you get home and find something in the house is all torn up?

Well… I COULDN’T HELP IT!! IT WASN’T MY FAULT! LOL! I bought a SP200 today! I know, I know, all my brave talk about holding fast, staying the course… HOGWASH! :grin: In my defense, I saw an offer I couldn’t refuse, so I didn’t.

I figure this gets me in the door to hi-res HP amplification and a nice set of options for future headphones. I really like the DAC that is in the MX-3, so I’ll feed the SP200 with it to start. I’m actually excited about this…

Oh, for the record, that is not my dog!

7 Likes

Ey! Gz!

I worded that horribly, so removed. If the money doesn’t matter to your life and you enjoy the music, don’t worry about falling a bit further. Its a crazy wide and deep rabbit hole to explore.

1 Like

XL Evoluent mouse came in today

7 Likes

Indeed. I would like to say this is about as far as I will go, but somehow that doesn’t seem accurate. But this is money I have saved up for this kind of thing, so all good. Hence the desire to be wise in how I spend it! It’s nice that there are still things that are somewhat reasonably priced and yet really solid performers.

1 Like

Honestly man, “cheap” gear is super fucking good. The performance/cost ratio of where you are may genuinely be the best there is in the hiby currently

1 Like

Decided to try out some CIEMs (Jomo Hakas)

13 Likes