Show me your wood ;)

hi qt shane, can see you typing there :cat:

I have since sold those. My current woodies are:

And my old Grado’s are still hanging in. Next month marks their second birthday. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

gloss! what a fingerprint hell! same with my daily driver, but it’s black so its not that visible but still! Aeon Noire if you don’t already know

hecc

I thought the same thing but my fingers never really touch the cups. I am wearing them right now as I listen to a Zeos review about the Pro iCAN.

1 Like

aaaah ok ok, cool. how do you like em so far?

I am Really liking them! My chain is:
Schiit BF2 to Schiit Loki to Little Dot MKIII and the sound is full and pretty damn bassy. A lot of fun. :+1:

1 Like

Good ol’ crack

10 Likes

I’m not aware of any YouTube stuff with the same as my username :sweat_smile:

I need to try out the ebonies on my d2000 as with what I want to do with them, they’d fit the theme really nicely (especially if Lawton’s)

So if we rule out the 1.5 tesla driver, TH900/909 and Denon D7000, I think Purpleheart would have the most amount of bass, between Mahogany and Ebony I would say Mahogany is a bit fat and sloppy whereas Ebony is clean and crisp. To my ears the EMU Teak and Bamboo and Denon D5000 are similar to Mahogany whereas Denon D2000 with plastic cups is similar to Ebony

The drivers themselves are pretty similar, the difference in bass / tuning largely due to different wood cups which have different density, thickness and hardness resulting in the decay, speed of renounce of the sound

2 Likes

That would be Mahogany :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Fucking beautiful table man! Your pops killed it!

1 Like

Thanks man, it was a request from one of my brothers and he doesn’t think too highly of his work, but we were all jaw dropped when he showed it off. They also welded some crazy supports for it in an hourglass shape and they did awesome with that too. Very happy for them :smiley:

7 Likes

Did someone say wood?

13 Likes

They say most geniuses don’t recognize their own stuff. Or just are too humble haha. Yeah no it’s great! And yeah the supports are done in a pretty dope shape too! Awesome project

1 Like

Purple Heart will get you the most bass out of the stock cups.

If your getting Lawton cups then any type 4 wood will do for the most part. Pluss Lawton cups add a fair amount of bass just by virtue of the size.

1 Like

Interested in how they sound. Comparable to anything?

A Japanese (portable) wooden trio

10 Likes

oh neat Shane has those AT’s as well. how do you like em?

Well… initially I didn’t. I am a vocal person and the WP900 is a v-shaped can with recessed mids, so it doesn’t sound very good for vocal centric songs, at least to me. So I put it back to the box and am in two minds of selling it. That hasn’t worked out yet, so I am taking it out again for non-vocal centric songs, it really is very sophisticated, sometimes I forget it’s a portable can.

1 Like