Show off your photography skills!

it can be anything, but especially flora and fauna.

my wife took this in the last 30 or so minutes. these are in her parents front yard; 2 juvenile and 4 adults. the eagles are usually in their backyard trees but come down for treats and snacks they put out every day. there used to be a big herd of 20+ deer that was led by a human friendly buck (released after being rehabilitated) in the town here and they would bed in their backyard too. my MiL would have to step over and around them to get to her compost pile quite often. and pictures of people petting or hand feeding the buck were common too. in fact, my wife has a photo of her daughter when she was just more than a toddler petting him.

2 Likes

oh…and for the hunters, have you ever seen a buck as chonky as this guy? this one is of the small herd that my wife gives treats too every afternoon on her ways to her parents place every day. I’ve seen a buck taht could be called FAT, but this guy is as his thickness is waaay more than the hormones from the rut.

3 Likes

A bit of a mix here.

The bat was particularly tricky.

13 Likes

Let’s bring back the Photography thread! I’ll contribute a few of my favorites from the last few months (really haven’t been able to take as many photos as I’d like to unfortunately due to work.)

7 Likes

I am by no means a photographer, but i do enjoy taking pics on a more amateur level. There are 2 categories that most my pics fall under, cars/motorsport and dogs. I do take other pics too though :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve had various DSLRs, and i use my phone to take pics quite often. My current DSLR is a budget Canon EOS 850D.

4 Likes

Taken in November

5 Likes

and the bat is awesome! tell us more!

Taken from my front porch on the UK.

This was a hand held shot on a Nikon D500 with SB900 flash set at 1/64th power and pre+focused at f8 with a Nikon 80mm f1.8 .
Just took a load of shots hoping they’d fly through the pre focused zone.

5 Likes

Here’s one that is not so bad. Taken from my trusty V40

4 Likes

4 Likes

All iPhone but I do like taking and editing photos

2 Likes

No matter the type of camera, brother! It’s all about the love of the hobby :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

le wow! what kind of bats are these? how big are they?

Well, this one isn’t too bad, either. Again, cell phone. Taken in South Lake Tahoe. The weather changed constantly during the week we were there. You can see the rain just starting to emerge from the clouds.

1 Like

Not sure but most likely to be Pipistrelle.
They are quite small about the size of your palm and very fast and super agile.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

-10 degrees Celsius and fog, suddenly things become visible.

4 Likes

Here’s some audio related photography

3 Likes

Posted some of my snaps on here…

2 Likes

Ooh nice. Love a bit of astrophotography.

1 Like