đŸ”¶ Shuoer EJ07M

I sold my KL due to fit issues. It wasn’t that long ago though and I have some notes on it. Just to be upfront I’m not a stickler for imaging, resolution or staging. I just rate it as bad, decent, good or great. For both the Moonlight and KL a have them as great. I’d say that those factors shouldn’t make or break which to get.

For me I’m really just looking at bass, treble and overall tonality. If it hits those boxes it’s usually a win for me. With that said the KL does have more noticeable bass. It came with more authority and depth. Treble for my preference goes to the Moonlight. It’s not dark per se but, it is was darker than the KL. Especially with things like cymbals. I prefer the darker side here so, it gives the Moonlight an edge. KL seemed more present and crisp but, not necessarily fatiguing. Can’t exactly remember how the tonality was to fully comment. Just that neither are analytical or dry or they would have been instant passes for me.

5 Likes

Pulled the trigger on a pair of metallic OG Ej07m. Was hard to pass up with the sale and a 20% code. The plan is to eventually send back for reshelling/retuning to KL or OG depending on how I like this. Im newer to iems and haven’t owned a set with a steeper bass to mid bass slope. Could use some variety, but I’m pretty certain I’ll like the KL if the OG isn’t my cup of tea as I like both Teas and the serial. Ordered a Tanya and few different kinds of tips preemptively

2 Likes

What’s the 20% off code?

A few weeks ago, I think it was for the Memorial Day holiday, if you signed up for the vip/email list you could get a 20% off code for your next purchase. I think now it’s still 10% if you sign up

1 Like

Ahhh okay. Thanks!

Lava :volcano: incoming

7 Likes

Sock

Case will be here today good tining

C$ 13.67 31%OFF | Earphone In-Ear Cover Case Pouch Soft Earbud With Velcro For sennheiser Beyerdynamic

4 Likes

Well one week from Manufacturing to Vancouver,

Huge shout out to Joseph @letshouer
For making this happen and the deal.
Shouer even swapped the cable from the S12 for me, and just a great experience!

Now for beer and ears to get a workout!

12 Likes

Some good tips I found wide bore double Flange

C$ 1.50 5%OFF | Two Layer Silicone Ear Pads In-Ear Earphone Earbuds Inner-diameter 5mm Original Covers Eartips Headphone Earcovers 6pcs/3pairs

Do you mind sharing your first thoughts about the EJ07m KL? Thanks!

1 Like

Love to let me spend a few more days with them still tip rolling and I get a new DAP on Friday so I will give my impression then. I will preemptively say that I am super happy to have one of the 200 sets and the Lava actually exceeds my expectations after my initial listen. This set might not be for everyone but it is for me and everything I have listened too so far except poor recordings and will elaborate on that more.

3 Likes

Ok after spending some good time with the Lava I can honestly give my take on this set.

This was a tough decision to purchase because its a lot of money but also a reassuring one with the previous reviews and recommendations from reviewers I trust HBB, and Dan’s Audio Reviews to shout out a few and say thank you.

My choices I considered were Yanyin Canon and Moonlight, Theaudio Monarch and Penon Volt.

My thought process and how untimatly my decision was based on my library and tuning style.
I like bass, but I I like trebble and love my vocals.

My current reference after selling off my Timeless was the Penon Globe and IKKO Obsidian OH10.

The OH10 are great but just felt missing something super special. The Globe Mids OMG fantastic Bass wowsers but too recessed highs. When I started playing with a PEQ I got a better sense of what I liked and where I liked my frequency’s elevated and resessed.

After some graft study and learning from here and Head-Fi I kinda learned my ideal curve matches up to HBB.

Moonlight I felt was going to be again to recessed in the highs and bass more neutral and natural. - Not really what I was looking for again my fear of the Volts.

After hearing the Sonion BA in the Globe I knew that I liked the sound signature over Knowles BA IEM I have tried.

LETSHOUER EJ07M Kinda Lava had all the special boxes checked off.

I ended up reaching out to Joseph @letshouer and he so graciously spent some time let me listen to them at a meet up in Vancouver and for that and the deal- buddy thank you! You rock.

I loved what I heard and the sound stage blew me away.

60+ hours in many tips later and cable to a lesser extent. And a new DAP I bought a used HiBy R6 2020 and here we are.

I won’t go into macro or micro details In my impression because it was hard to do a cricacle listing to theese wonderfull IEM.
Let me explain, I love detail and separation and crazy imaging all of that but what’s most important to me is enjoying the music getting lost in the song or the lyrics just having fun.

That is how I know this was a endgame IEM for me for now. The Lava pushes the envelop of technicalities where it makes it a very accurate and detailed listen right up to the point when the fun factor encase the presentation and you just sit back and try to wipe the grin off of you face. Like eating a gummy 55.75% Sativa 44.25% Indica mix or so I have heard :thinking: but actually without taking drugs!

Yes this was worth the $$$ Jump over the OH10 and I am glad I was able to pay a bit more and get the Lava over the Canon that I am sure I would enjoy as well. Thanks to Joseph for the deal and HBB for the recommendation.

Bass. :hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper: 7.5/10
Mids. :hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper: 8.5/10
Trebble. :hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper: 8/10
Technicalities. :hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper: 9/10
Soundstage. :hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper: 10/10
Enjoyment Factor. :hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper::hot_pepper: 12/10

My only observations and wishlist would be the nozels are bit short wish they were 2mm longer.
Tips are super important can’t stress this enough.
I experience driver flex if I don’t insert while pulling up on my ear doesn’t bother me.
I wish it has a smidge more upper energy but that’s me and that’s what EQ’S are for if I feel I need to also the HiBy MSEB is magical perfect for tweeking so no need for a PEQ.

Sorry for the longer read and letting me share my thoughts on the Lava.
Whatever your listening to I hope your enjoying your time as much as I am with the Lava.

Peace out and stay safe! Cheers J.

17 Likes

Put an O-ring on it and it will extend the nozzles.

2 Likes

Umm not sure what you mean I just ordered it some AZLA Sendafit Long wide bore. I will try and look that up. Thank you :pray:
Any buying link :link: if you have would be much appreciated.

1 Like

3 Likes

My Ej07m OG order came in this week and finally was able to listen for a bit today. I was worried about fit issues, but I get a good seal with epro ep00’s. Spring tips were pretty good too. Xelastec’s were a bit too bassy. No resonance thankfully. So far they’re great. I had trouble putting them down. I’ve been using the Serial a lot lately, and this feels pretty complimentary (at least for low end) with a step up in technicalities. A good portion of my library is electronic and hip hop, which sounds better on the Ej07m. Coming from the serial I did notice occasionally classic rock bass lines and kick drums sit back a bit, but then I get more snare. I really like the OG tuning, and I think I’ll stick with it (for now at least). I can understand why the kinda lava tuning would be preferred for some libraries though. I’d love to hear it eventually.

2 Likes

That cable is savage!! Noice!!

4 Likes
2 Likes

Just got in the AZLA SendaEarfit Black and clear long and it’s a winner for the EJ07M metal Shell adds just enough depth for shorter stem IEM’s to go a little longer into your ear canal and the center is stiff so it retains a huge wide bore winner winner chicken diner!

5 Likes

Ej70M & Kinda Lava is on a discount at Linsoul (OG) & Hifigo (both) - selling at $535.

1 Like