đŸ”¶ Shuoer EJ07M

Thought I accidentally pushed the report button lol thanks can’t wait to see the full transparent version.

Kinda Lava shouldn’t have more bass than the ej07m?

Lava should have more bass, but the quality control is a shit show :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I don’t think it was quality control tbh. All units of KL had less bass due to stealth revision.

If it’s a stealth revision then it’s pretty dishonest to his viewers and customers since he has yet to update/address this in a video when all of his KL reviews says more mid-bass. I know some got sets with more bass, and other’s not. IMO, the point of the Lava was to add more mid-bass so it makes no sense to revise it back to the OG 07M. It’s also confirmed by letshuoer themselves (website):

Either way it’s either bad quality control, or bad customer relations/PR. Both are pretty bad :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I sold the Kinda Lava SPECIFICALLY because I thought it lacked bass. (But also treble)

2 Likes

AFAIK Letshuoer revised tuning after HBB collab, meaning HBB KL unit had more midbass than retail units and that caused all sh*tstorm and also reason for collapsed relationship between HBB and manufacturer.

7 Likes

Joseph just sent me a pic of my new resin version OMG so happy how this turned out.

9 Likes

I love it :fire: :fire: Congratz!

1 Like

This story is a bit crazy right? I just chalked up the lack of KL bass to “margins” and simply added some. But then a situation developed with the resin on my set, so I contacted Letshuoer and while making arrangements to return them I brought up this issue.
I get the feeling Joseph is caught between the rock and hard place explaining this. So now they will add gradual 1.5 db slope in from 250 hz down.
No one is admitting I didn’t get the profile I paid for but they will “add some bass” to make up for manufacturing tolerances
hmmm. I’m thinking I’d appreciate a frequency graph along with pics of the shells before they leave the factory.

2 Likes

He is, Joseph is probably the best or one of the best company reps out there but his management is making silly decisions which puts him in a difficult place.

7 Likes

I would tell you what the retuning is like but mine are stuck in lockdown maybe freedom on the 8th maybe stuck until after big holiday. I added supposably 1.5 sub bass to the M Curve so in tuning sounds like it’s possible. No graph was given so who knows I guess my ears will once I get them.

I see they posted my set on FB.

2 Likes

I sent my EJ07M to get repaired and opted to get it retuned to the KL with 1.5DB boost a couple weeks ago. Already have return tracking but no indication on when it will arrive stateside.

Can’t wait!

3 Likes

Nice stuck in lockdown like mine 
 That’s ok been enjoying the desktop unfortunately made me spend a few thousand on a new Amp and DAC.

For me I ended up selling the rest of my IEMs and buying a bunch of earbuds (some already here - from Europe and Canada, some still inbound - likely stuck in lockdown) and a Topping G5 (also stuck in lockdown).

The KL will be my only IEM (and currently it is)!

2 Likes

Unfortunately left side of my ej07m is louder than the right side, there is a sizzling sound from 200 to 2khz. I am planning to send mine for repair after next week. Hopefully it doesn’t get stuck in transit.

Have you checked if its moisture problems? (let it dry for a while)
Or the cable? (swap L/R sides or try another cable.)

Yes i did let it sit for several days, tried multiple cables, sources, and also other iems to confirm the issue. At first i thought it was an ear resonance problem, i even added a tanchjim filter on top, still sounded wrong.

Yeah, that might be rip then.

Luckily, Shuoer has great customer support (Joseph). I’m not really that worried

2 Likes