Simgot EA500LM Everything Thread

$65-75 was also about how much we were able to get the original EA500 with amazon coupons/discounts. I wonder how many people actually paid the full asking price vs discounted on them but only remember the discounted price they jumped on.

2 Likes

True, but LM wonā€™t be on sale on Linsoul/Amazon before mid-year.

The first sales that are doable will be AliE, but the absolute best price wonā€™t be for a while (if youā€™re trying to get THE BEST bargain price).

1 Like

Just purchased the EA500LM from Linsoul $89.
The postman wonā€™t need to ring twice, Iā€™ll be waiting at the gate!

5 Likes

I just bought one. Excited to see if this lives up to the hype.

3 Likes

:sunglasses: EN1000 keeping my wallet closed

6 Likes

IE600 keeping my wallet closed and generally keeps me away from other single DDs :grinning:

5 Likes

Yeah, it took some tip rolling with my weird ear canals to get a good seal with the loaner set of IE600 I got to spend quality time with, but when I found the right tips boom! The other ā€œI wouldnā€™t spend that much but dagā€ set Iā€™d like to try is the Softears Twilight, which I understand to be a whole 'nother bag than the 600.

Fortunately, I was able to score a clean set of Sony N3 which is keeping me warm while I dream about Simgots in my price range. Oh, and the Oriveti OD200 which ainā€™t a slouch to my earsā€¦

2 Likes

Love the N3, it was the first ā€˜high endā€™ IEM I ever got, memories of warmth and coherency flood back :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You know what? the Simgot EM6L is pretty much like the N3 if it was a leaner and brighter set.

1 Like

Thanks - on the list!

1 Like

Hahahahhaaaā€¦good one!

Just ordered the EA500 LM and have the original to compare it to. Going to do blind, volume matched listening and report the results with the same nozzles on each. Also have the Blessing 3 and the Moondrop Variations coming in today. Will be fun to see how the LM competes in and out of itā€™s price range.

11 Likes

I just got mine in. The review of it is coming pretty soon. I paid full retail for this and itā€™s a real treasure. Iā€™m very impressed by it, and think itā€™s an instant buy for those who want to hear what a 90-dollar iem can sound like. Wow.

6 Likes

Just got mine as well!

First, excellent channel matching Simgot!! :exploding_head:

Impressions to follow as Iā€™ve EQā€™d them the same to my EA1000 EQ target as best I couldā€¦

4 Likes

Well, long story short itā€™s the same deal as EA500 OG vs EA1000 for me as in EA500 has more bass impact but everything else is worse than the EA1000 and the same holds for the LM version :person_shrugging:t2:

For my ears, EA1000 has perfect mid and treble timber where as in comparison EA500 LM sounds tinny in the treble and squealy in the mids.

Though thereā€™s the thing with isolation and the EA500 LM are definitely more isolating than the EA1000 which is basically like youā€™re using open-back headphones just inserted in your ears lol :joy:

7 Likes

Campfire audio taking notes

It was the low hanging fruit I couldnā€™t resist today soz :apple: :expressionless:

5 Likes

My EA500LM definitely has more bass than the the EA500OG. No treble or upper mid glare on the 500LM yet still very defined treble notes.

4 Likes

Welcome friend! :raising_hand_man: Which nozzles you using? Red?

1 Like

To those who have tried the Simgot EA500LM

I currently own the BLON BL-03 and while I appreciate their sound, I find them uncomfortable for extended use. My budget for an upgrade is up to $180, and I donā€™t have a DAC/Amp setup. Iā€™ve been eyeing a few options and would love your insights:

Letshuoer S12 Pro - ā‚¹12990 ~ $156

Simgot EA500 LM - ā‚¹7599 ~ $92

Kiwi Ears Melody - ā‚¹7699 ~ $94

Hidizs MP145 - ā‚¹13999 ~ $168

Truthear Nova - ā‚¹14990 ~ $180

Sennheiser IE200 - ā‚¹8990 ~ $108

7Hz Timeless (pre-owned) - ā‚¹14000 ~ $168

Considering my focus on an enjoyable sound and then the comfort
Iā€™m keen on your experiences and recommendations. Any other suggestions within the budget are also appreciated.

2 Likes

It came with gold attached, but when I checked my OG500, I had the silver nozzle onā€¦so I put the silver/red nozzle on the 500LM. I like the OG a lot, but there is enough difference from the Li/Mg driver to make the 500LM worth having. For $90 it is a quality IEM. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll use the LM more than the OG. Iā€™m using it with the HiBy R6III, 4.4mm.

2 Likes