Simgot EA500LM Everything Thread

EA1000 is still Simgot’s best IEM so far.
LM is really good though & a different flavor if you want something a bit warmer with mids a little further back in the mix. The clarity of the EA1000 is exceptional.

3 Likes

Indeed, different folks different strokes. I find that clarity to be fatiguing on long use.

4 Likes

I was going to get the Simgot Fermat EA1000 but when the LM came out for a lot less dosh, I got the EA500LM. I know the EA1000 will be a level up in many ways… BUT with the $190 dollars difference I put the savings towards the Tansio Mirai 10th Anniversary X…which is on it’s way.

3 Likes

Got the Simgot EA500LM and the dongle DEW4X today, another good release from them. Yes the EA500LM is an upgrade from original EA500 with richer sound, but also lack something to the EA1000. Differences is not night and day, and EA500LM is clearly the one most should aim after unless you can afford the EA1000.

Dongle testing have to wait to tomorrow.

15 Likes

Beautiful photos as per usual, @Leonarfd You captured the light changing design of the boxes really well.

2 Likes

How does the EA500LM fares in comparison to the Dunu Falcon Ultra ?

1 Like

Careful how long you look into those shiny shells…

Nice Pictures :+1:

Looking forward to hearing about how competitive simgot is in the dongle arena.

1 Like

I sent you a reply…did you get it? I just got an undeliverable notification a day later.

No I didn’t got any reply.

First impression is good on the dongle, compared to the older Truthear Shio it seem to be higher resolving the DEW4X. SHIO can seem a little dull sounding when I swap over, of course not day and night. But seem like a good upgrade from the early Cirrus Logic dongles of 2023.

Need to try more over the week, and against the Penon Tail that I prefer more than the SHIO.

Love the size, its tiny.

5 Likes

I would love a comparison of the Simgot models with the Kato. On ***-fi, the Kato is usually trashed. But, I see their points using the Kato single-ended and with the Spring tips. I find that using ePro horns and going balanced with a decent dongle like the Moonriver 2 Ti or an L&P dongle turns the Kato into my favorite all-rounder. That configuration opens up the soundstage, calms the hint of shout, and gives the Kato a more organic note timbre and weight to the Kato.

If Kato is anything shouty to you, then stay clear away from the Simgots.

3 Likes

Thanks for the insight. Please keep up your great and honest reviews! I appreciate how you format your reviews with tables and direct +/-/= comparisons per song and audio region when comparing IEMs.

5 Likes

Thanks! If you ever get sick of iems check out my Rikubuds. :wink:

5 Likes

Always have time for the quick plug :smirk:

3 Likes

I would but my ear shape causes buds to fall right out. I have tried the foam tips on the Penon brand earbuds but that did not help. Do your buds have options for a more secure fit? :pray:t2:

Plug away. I have benefited from your hard work on your reviews and correspondence.

Love the Rikobuds avatar

1 Like

My Gen 3 uses the RG39 shell, comfort/fit is one of if not the best in that one.

If you mean this:
https://penonaudio.com/pac-earbud.html
That shape is not a good one for beginners as bell shaped buds are not that secure in fit.

That is the (Grand) Alter Saber 3 waifu.

1 Like

Yes, that is the Penon earbud I have. Would the Gen 3 Grand Alter Saber be a decent bet to still stay put with my vestigial tragus and antitragus?

It certainly is the safest bet. Unless you want to “demo” something similar via the Qian39, which is what the RG39 is based on.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002275229979.html

3 Likes

As the man should.

Gen 3 is the tits

5 Likes