SIMGOT Un-Official EA500 CULT THREAD

The EA500 are a serious jam. No disappointments rocking them today/night.

6 Likes

Still get amazed whenever I put these on. Just wish the nozzle angle wouldn’t hurt me after an hour or two. No pain, no gain, I suppose :smiling_face_with_tear:

Filing this away in the “this is pretty cool if it comes out” category

6 Likes

if someone really likes the EA500 which IEM/s does have a very similar sonic footprint or frequency response in the higher tier.

2 Likes

This question is the perfect one for linking the brand new goober’s upgrade matrix!! Sign in to your account

Sorry if the link doesn’t work properly: it seems Microsoft plays with the link to their online excel…

4 Likes

Easier way to do it is link the post to the matrix over

Thanks for helping @Erokh

3 Likes

Hello GBM,
what amazed me was the sheer work that has gone into the matrix. Maybe first of a kind i think. Hats off.
One request, i cannot shift/slide the sheet. Can you reduce the size or do something so that i can explore the entire sheet?

Thanking you for creating a theme to be treasured by us all.

2 Likes

What are you trying to view the sheet on? It would help me to figure out a fix, to know what you’re viewing on.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi,
thank you GB. Actually when i am opening the link, the excel file is blooming out large wihout giving me any option to reduce the window of vision (slider bottom right usually). As a result i can only see till some columns without options to slide the view further to the right. I am on a laptop it is on QHD settings. it is the MS online view constraints I guess.

Regards.

Playing with Filter Kit Simgot gave me for the EA500
My Vent Mod = 1/2 High Density Foam stiffed into vent, Micropore over hole and Metal Cover.

Then on the new nozzel 2 x 450 level filters and inside nozzle 2 x 4mm x 3mm low Density foams.

Sound WOW.

Look how it changed the pina gain so for anyone who thought the EA500 was a tad hot here you go.

4 Likes

Take out one of the low density foams so you’re 1 x 4mm x 3mm foam and try that out. Or had you already tried that, and then went to 2?

1 Like

I went to 2 because Iiked the curve more then I killed my Left one dropped something into DD and no bass.

It made very diff between 1 to 2

Buying another set to listen.

2 Likes

D’oh!! That’s no bueno

Can you take a macro pic of it? (remove the nozzle so u can see more.)

8 Likes

Listening to the remaster of Yes’ Fragile, and the combination of instrumental separation combined with the ability to just plain rock out is making it a sublime experience. I really do love these above all of my other iems. I don’t own any that cost more than around $130. And with these I don’t see the need to go higher price wise. Although I must admit some curiosity about the EA2000 Zeos just reviewed today.

8 Likes

I got my Olina SEs back from @domq422 and put this combo (NiceHCK RubyCat + TS-400 foam tips) on them and was pretty impressed with how it gives just a little extra body to the SE and makes them sound pretty clean and smooth.

Then I put them on EA500 and was like “fuck these blow Olina out because they’re nearly as smooth but have way more dynamic range”. It’s not going to give you that sub-bass over midbass feeling if you want @ToneDeafMonk’s modded levels of sub-bass. But if you like stock EA500 (I’m on the stock black filters while all my other filters are with @MMag05) but want it to have a little more body, this is a winning combo.

10 Likes

Trying some slightly larger than usual Final Es, no mods, desktop setup… and I’m loving the bass I’m getting, especially for a set that rolls off. Nice warmth and smoothness to the vocals. Still plenty of details and appropriate sense of space.

6 Likes

Well I’ve had the EA500 in for a lengthy grading session today, no complaints besides being too bright for some Queen tracks. I’ve been pleasantly surprised when Linkin Park or Nightwish has shuffled on.

6 Likes

EA500 really is a Shuffle Queen!

1 Like