šŸ”· Singxer SA-1

Yup. I have the MK3 balanced and can just about max it out on low gain. High gain gives it some more head room. I think it pairs brilliantly.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great to hear thanks what DAC are you using with your Argons?

1 Like

RME ADI-2 fs

1 Like

Nice set up :+1:

1 Like

Currawong review. Interestingly, he noticed a significant improvement in the sound when he performed the jumper mod to bypass the input protection circuit.

3 Likes

Anybody got a link for the jumpers?

From what I can tell, any normal 0.1 inch (or 2.54mm) jumper will work.

So something like these:

Cool thanks for helping! I ordered some 2.54 earlier. I thought thatā€™s what I needed.

Whatā€™s the chances of damage using bifrost 2 - switcher box- singxer using the jumpers. Not very electrically inclined lol

I was going to ask how many people actually modded the Singxer and if they think itā€™s actually worth it?

Currawong seemed to think it really made it more enjoyable and a step up from the jotunheim

1 Like

Itā€™s a step up from the Jot 2 in stock form.

1 Like

Hello,
any comparison with the Honey H1 ?
thank you, :pray:

1 Like

So playing around with my 788 as a preamp for this and it is definitely helping out with not enough gain for the T50RPs. Iā€™m at +2db on the 788 and I donā€™t have to crank the volume all the way up on the SA1. Zero noise/hiss which I would get with my 887 if I go anywhere above +0db on the 788.

1 Like

Not enough gain for the t50rps modded? Was looking to get one of these amps for Argon MK3S

Paired with my ELII DAC with 2v output it definitely didnā€™t have enough gain. It does work but the amp is maxed. Now I suspect if you have a DAC with higher output it would be just fine. Also I am running the T50s single ended so if you go balanced it should do much better.

What Iā€™m getting at run the amp with a balanced DAC to get the best out of it.

Great thank you My Argons are being made balanced

1 Like

So I got a good deal on this amp, and pulled the trigger on it. I swapped it in for my Magni Heresy but cant hear the difference at allā€¦ not even a little. Im assuming its being bottlenecked by the DAC (Schiit Modi 3) Is this a correct assumption? I know the modi is not balanced, but I had been told that shouldnt matter too much. Have tried it with Grado Hemps, GL2k, M1060C etc.

If that is the case, what are some good DAC recommendations to pair with this amp. I would prefer not to spend several hundred dollars on a DAC, if I dont have to. Would something like a Schiit Modius do the trick, or is it not even worth going the budget route with this amp?

Personally, if you canā€™t hear the difference from the Heresy to the Singxer, then I highly doubt youā€™ll notice Modi to Modius. I hear much more difference between amps than I can from DAC to DAC (and Iā€™ve got the BF2 and a Soekris on hand right now with some Delta Sigma DACs). Maybe those two amps are just too similarā€“you might want to try something with a little more character if youā€™re looking for a difference. Thatā€™s just my opinion, but certainly take some others into consideration.