đź”· Sivga SV021

This is the official thread for the Sivga Robin SV021

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: No, but better with and is recommended
  • Closed Back

:red_circle: Hifiguides Amazon Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

2 Likes

Sivga has just announced their new closed back headphone - SV021
http://www.sivgaaudio.com/product_d?id=11

Being a fan of both the SV006 and the Phoenix, I’m really looking forvard to this.

Are they using the same driver technology as in the Phoenix?
And am I the only one who’s not a fan of that obviously fake russet leather look? :smiley:

11 Likes

HOly shit it looks beautiful. Holy moly. And it looks so sorted the erganomics *Look * on point. I guess we’ll have to wait till someone get them. But wow I’m super impressed with the finish Wood. Metal Leather.

1 Like

Meze competition?

1 Like

I’m not sure. I think SIVGA is able to deliver spectacular sound performance at a very low price. However, I don’t think they have gotten to the design level that Meze has taken things.

As most of you know, Meze is now a “commercial” company, in the same league of Sennehsier and Focal. In my opinion, Meze’s thing is design.

SIVGA has high build quality and amazing sound performance. But it is not a big company. You will not walk into an electronics store and find their products. I personally love the company, and am also looking forward to writing a review for this headphone.

Am I the only one who can see the similarity to the ORA GQ?

2 Likes

It’s $150 probably not at that level.

I can definitely see the resemblance to the ORA GQ, and i’m also seeing small similarities to the Audioquest Nighthawk, in regards to the shape of the cup.

1 Like

The Neo is 199. If it’s anywhere near that performance I’d love to hear it :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Neo is around 300$ in my country (Denmark), due to taxes, customs and import fees, and for that money, I believe that i can find better.
But audio is one of the most subjective things in the entire world, and I’ve only tried the Classic 99, so maybe you’re right :slight_smile:
I really liked the Classic 99 though…

1 Like

You do realise the meze 99 neo is made in Romania right? And sold on dozens of european stores? And that denmark is in the EU.

I think you’re refering to the Noir since that’s a drop item and would be subject to american import duties?

Same I love the look of the build I hope the quality holds up. Excited for a review

Man this thing looks gorgeous!
Could be my next upgrade, i’m a sucker for chinese headphones.

Hope Sivga or some other brand will make replacement earpads for it, because:

2 Likes

300$ was maybe a little high - exaggeration promotes understanding :wink:
But no, I’m reffering to the taxes and import fees (I shouldn’t have written customs), for the businesses to getting the products imported to their store.

If we look at a danish store (which I prefer to use, to support stores in my own country, and to listen to the product before purchase), they’re around 1700 DKK. Converted to USD, that’s around 271$

If we look at Meze’s own website, I have to pay 219 euros (that’s including shipping). That’s around 260$

It’s a known fact that HiFi in the US, is cheaper than HiFi in the EU, with the exception of a few brands.

Looking at the german Amazon though, I can see that they’re 189 euros with free shipping, so maybe I should try them, just to see if they can beat my modded MMX 300 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just gonna link you to amazon. They’ve been sitting in my cart for a while there so I knew they weren’t 300€ xD

1 Like

US$180 on Aliexpress right now:

3 Likes

For my european brothers and sisters, I just found it on a swedish website:
https://www.arkaudio.se/en/demo-units/sivga-audio-sv021-closed-back.html

3 Likes

I dont know about the 99 series from Meze. I have never heard it, but from what I have read online, it appears it has an amateur sound performance with muddy lower frequencies. But then, I never had a chance to listen to it in person, so I can’t comment on the sound performance. What I can comment on is the superb design and build quality. They also look quite comfy.

Regarding the SV021, the ear-pads actually look pretty damn comfortable. They finally seem to be the correct thickness and size. I’m interested to see how Sivga bares with a medium-priced closed-back headphone, because they are most well-known for their open-backs.

Interesting, the phoenix impressed me a lot and if this is the Phoenix but in a closed back. Maybe it can actually satisfy my basshead side? :thinking:

Vents?

4 Likes

Vents!

That’s why I’m curious to have it compared to the Meze 99. Which is also a bassy headphone. Also Closed back. Same price in plastic (almost) but a lot more expensive in wood.