Smsl SP200 THX AAA 888

SMSL SP200 at $254 now from HiFiGo by use this coupon: HIFIGO5

Anyone ordered from smsl-topping.com? Itā€™s been 12 days and i havenā€™t gotten a shipping notice yet. Emailed 3 days ago with no reply

That is a screaming deal for that level of performance

theres lots of scammers out there. its a good idea to search google for them before you order

Iā€™m fairly certain thatā€™s a legit site, but itā€™s probably shipping from china and will take like 2-4 weeks to get here. I would expect a week to two weeks before they actually send confirmation that it was shipped. It took 2 weeks for linsoul to send me conformation that my order was shipped (or was it 2 and a half weeks, IDK anymore)

Typically sites like these are like that though, and do seem somewhat sketch. Also you can connect to a https version of the site

Itā€™s cert is validated by TrustAsia TLS RSA CA and itā€™s valid SSL that should be trusted by most browsers

1 Like

I think you can canceled that order, buy from hifigo or shenzhenaduio or apos

Yeah I pressed the dispute button. The site was linked from this forum so I assumed it was cool, but two weeks with no notice and no response anywhere is not something I care to deal with.

Hi, need help.

I have HD6xx and may get Argons or some other planers in the future. Wanted to seek opinion if I shall go SP200 or Xduoo xd05+. I wonā€™t use the headphones for portable use outside home but mobility within the house is also good :), Which I believe I will get with SP200 also due to its small size.

Source will be phone (for music) or Apple TV (for Netflix movies etc) as I donā€™t use laptop.

Regards

Hmm, well I think the sp200 would be the higher quality amp and would work better with the argons, but it does not include a dac so you would also want to get a dac as well

Thanks MON!

I have been indecisive about buying an amp for a long time. Bought the Drop 789 then cancelled after it was supposed to ship 6 months later. Then was looking at Atom and Spark but could not make up my mind as they will be stuck to a power supply. Then came SP200, which I appreciate is even an upper class of THX implementation at 888. So, I am kind of between these two (XD-05+) and not even comparing with any other battery powered amp (or dac/amp). For comfort, I would probably prefer a high power amp with battery and getting 1W per channel brought me to think about xd -05+. Do you think Argons would be underpowered by it? There is a high current function also in xd-05+ as I saw in the zreviews video. Is that not able to power the Argons correctly with nice headroom OR shall I just got with SP200?

So, the xd05+ is powerful and can power the argonā€™s, but itā€™s not as clean and refined as the sp200 which my yield more fidelity. But there is the added cost of the dac. I think that if you want the best sound quality, the sp200 is for you, and if you want a portable all in one the xd05+ is for you

Yikers, looks like oluvā€™s lost his mind.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7DQTjYICjBd5ZtLQU3Z1dQ/community?lb=UgxBl5ITmlf0o4hl8ZN4AaABCQ

Claiming it sounds worse than onboard on his iphone. I personally love this amp.

It seems that he thinks most amps donā€™t sound better than his iPhone lol

3 Likes

:crazy_face: Yes the iphone is definitely a quality source :wink:

I would be curious to see what he thinks of the LG v30ā€™s amp. Would it best the iPhone, a near impossible task?

1 Like

Also TBH itā€™s almost like his account got hacked with his comments lol

I honestly remember him having a similar set of arguments and comments when some Z fans went to his channel a while back.

Itā€™s just surprising to me that he doesnā€™t hear the differences, as they are pretty clear lol. Like most people not in audio could tell the difference imo. Itā€™s not like heā€™s comparing the 789 vs the 887 or something actually more minute, itā€™s a frickin quality amp and dac vs an iphone. I would really be amazed if he didnā€™t hear the difference. He could hear it but claim otherwise for some reason

If not, heā€™s an idiot.