SPL Phonitor XE

It’s a joke lol I’m just joking. Really don’t take me that serious

To be fair I never thought this was meant serious in any way, still had to laugh :laughing:

1 Like

Nobody says thx is endgame on my watch lol

4 Likes

I noticed the RME ADI 2 DAC has a headphone amp built in. How is that amp?

Actually pretty good, kinda similar to the atom tbh (although I can’t quite recall)

Wow, that bad huh?

Impying the Atom is bad? wtf lol

I was hoping it would at least be the equal to THX

Well its a hundred dollar amp. the RME DAC is 1100$

It’s more of a dac then amp, you can use it as an all in one but I would say it’s more primarily a dac than amp

1 Like

So i assume a amp is more important an upgrade than a DAC?

Not necessarily. You don’t want a shit dac with a great amp, or vice versa.

1 Like

Well I mean the adi 2 is just made to be more of a dac paired to an amp, the built in amp is more of a bonus

2 Likes

Well ive been wanting this DAC for a while and i see one on sale. I love the EQ in it. And since its also a amp. maybe i can avoid having to upgrade my amp.

It’s a very feature rich AIO. I wouldn’t be disappointed with it. I think.

I’d also be using a separate amp like many of it’s owners do.

2 Likes

It’s probably a left over from the studio focused ADI-2 Pro.
The ADI-2 is to me just defines what I don’t want in a DAC, I’m sure it’s very good, but I just don’t want all the toys, I’d be forever second guessing myself on setup.

3 Likes

Too many options! :laughing:

I do get what you’re saying. It’s similar to numerous filter options. Which one to use?!

OMG, just watching Zeos video on the RME DAC. it has so many options! one of them is mono! I can dial in the stereo till its mono! Just the other day i was listening to the Beatles and they sounded awful with the vocals stuck on the right ear with a lot of their recordings. I thought i was gonna have to buy the CD’s, rip, and do a mono mix in Audacity. Dont have to do that on this DAC

1 Like

and even with these great options.
You can still sheep it or TP ur headphones. :laughing:

Hey man im versatile, i can do anything to get great sound :sunglasses: