🔶 TANCHJIM Oxygen

I bought two adapters then just used a balanced male 4.4mm that splits into 3.5mm, then have those plug into a female 4.4mm. It cost about 50 usd if you want to make one.

Finally :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I’m not a huge Harman target fan, so I personally prefer the FDX1 with the medium-fill filter. That’s my opinion based purely on taste, no other factors.

1 Like

Hi,
Are the oxygen a significant upgrade/step up from the starfields?

1 Like

need to know too as i have the aria’s

Yeah, after a little reading, it is a good choice as a progression from starfield. The oxygen 02

1 Like

It’s a substancial upgrade according to reviewers. O2 is king DD. Keep in mind if you want exactly Aria’s tuning, Kato is even closer to it.

I think the general opinion still agrees that O2 is a better IEM, specially with 11.11 deals. Don’t think you can go wrong :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have both but prefer Kato. Oxygen is a tad more technical whilst the Kato’s have slightly more note weight so I feel the sheer driver performance is very similar. Also, I find the Kato’s vocals more forward and having sufficient body compared to a thinner 02 lower mids. Yes 02 is more smooth, warm and slightly more spacious sounding but I am a vocals fanatic so my choice is kato’s. Both iems are very close with one not being better then the other but just down to preferences. Oxygen is fatigue free with stellar tuning that I can’t see anyone complaining about unless your the minority like me desiring more density for that absolute last say in vocals.

7 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I’m also a vocal/note weight fanatic :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Another thing to bare in mind is that I have heard many people complaining about how forward and intense the sound can get on the Kato’s. For my ears it is absolutely fine but based on many peoples impressions I feel more will like the oxygens. Also, if noteweight is your priority maybe starfield, aria, Kanas pro etc are very slightly better at this. I find my Kanas pro having just a tad more emotion but that’s at the expense of more clarity, resolution and much more open and exciting Kato sound. Kato’s are just about at the level of acceptable density to me where I can appreciate vocal emotions whereas the oxygens fall just slightly short leaving me wanting more.

3 Likes

NF NA2 + is a technical beast, well above O2. The bass is much more agile and the mids are more dynamic and dense. Male vocals are far away (they won’t like @nymz ). There is a small rise in 4K, which can be fixed to some extent with EQ. Just to say that the soundstage is many times better than FH7 (169 against 470 dollars)!!! Think :boom:

1 Like

Yup I’ve heard many great sounding iems with astounding resolution but I feel not many get the mids tuning right for my tastes. Like you said ‘the male vocals sound far away’ and this is my problem with a lot of chifi iems. Not saying everything sounds recessed but not many single dd’s have vocals presence like the oxygen and the especially the Kato’s.

2 Likes

Ahahah, u’re my soulmate, I guess. Anything that can’t play male vocals, kick drums or bass guitars and also female vocals, is too thin or has zero stage = dead.

1 Like

Do you guys think that the Oxygen O2 is different enough from the FD5 to justify it´s purchase? They do not graph so differently.

I know that @Rikudou_Goku put both on S tier.

You need to normalize those graphs first.

They are different :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They are both drastically different. Not redundant at all (except both being single DD).

1 Like

Thanks @nymz and @Rikudou_Goku, the Oxygen O2 was on my Wishlist for quite a while and I think it will make part of my top single DDs IEMs. (Together with the FD5)

3 Likes

I am pretty sure I am officially a member of the oxygen fan club now.

Surprisingly, this is the first IEM that has really worked with the epro tips for me.

They are winning billie eilish. Not quite on the level of the hp-2. But a fantastic IEM execution. This makes me happy.

That is all.

7 Likes

So happy to hear that @Dynamic:+1:

My set arrives today:slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: Have just been told it’s delayed till tomorrow… :sob:

3 Likes

I think the O2 is my favorite IEM overall right now. With just a tiny bit of EQ, I like them over the Dunu Zen, SA6, Starfields, P1, and 7HZ. They don’t have the best detail of IEMs in the 200USD range but they do everything else so well. My only real compliant is that the two pin connector needs to be more recessed. The O2 sometimes just falls off my cables.

3 Likes