šŸ”¶ TANCHJIM Oxygen

No prob :beers:
Thanks for reading.
In the video where 90+% of folks will hear about it first the relation to 02 will be mentioned but the point is good sound with a good price and being specific about who it may or may not fit using music to explain why.

Thatā€™s pretty neatā€¦cool idea :boom:

4 Likes

FYI: I find that long length and thick stem tips (like Kbear07) increase fit and comfort, but also make the treble more energetic. CP145 is great for the sound but doesnā€™t offer as secure a fit due to its soft silicone skin and thinner stem.

Anybody know a tip that has a long length and thick stem but is a medium bore?

The only one that i know off is the Azla Sedna because the stem is stiffer than Spinfit which makes for a more secure fit.
I prefer the light ones for comfort

1 Like

Even though I was after some DD timbre, I have to sayā€¦ while these are well balanced, thereā€™s some sort of dryness to them, and I find it takes from the emotion of what Iā€™m listening to. I can be listening to them all day, and within the first few minutes of doing a quick switch back to the Aladdin, I prefer the Aladdin head and shoulders over it. To my ears and preferences, an overall upgrade over the O2.

I also remember these being touted as god tier imaging, but I struggle to hear it being significantly better than the Aladdin in that regard. I find the Aladdin much more enveloping and surrounding, and I can pick out directions of elements essentially to the same degree.

I wish it didnā€™t have such a pronounced pinna gain. There was a time when I was all about that (NM2+, ER2XR, SSR) but I do find itā€™s just the littlest bit shouty in some situations, and stops me raising the volume.

They are good, but I would be very disappointed if I ever paid near the $300 mark.

One factor: I believe Iā€™ve overcome certain isolation and peak issues by tip-rolling for longer tips, but I canā€™t know that for sure. There may be room for improvement there, maybe my ā€œvery good not amazingā€ take on these which is not all that common comes down to that. It will be very interesting to have the Olina, then I can select tips based on sound, and not out of necessity for a fit/seal. If I can subject the tech to a better fit and more tip rolling, it might be a different story.

10 Likes

I was just writing and thinking about the same thing about another IEM and I came across this. I want to be able to party rock if I want to raise that knob. Long live DM :grimacing:

2 Likes

Slow nod, with tears forming in the corners of my eyes

1 Like

Iā€™m coming on the same path: I love forward mids, but for male vocals and some genres (soul and funk for example), you got to have some bass.

One can consider having specialized gear,/sets but as my library is in shuffle mode I canā€™t wonā€™t (even if I already have it in a way with Mele or dt300 )

2 Likes

How are other O2 owners coping with the arrival of the Olina? I bought the Olina to compare, but it looks like it will sound very very similar to the O2 :sob:

Just fine. We still donā€™t know if they do sound the same. The O2 did just show up on Drop randomly.

They do. Pretty much the same.

2 Likes

Ultimately, tech will get better and cheaper. Just a bit sad that there isnā€™t a massive improvement in sound quality and just a drop in price

Thatā€™s good. I will still wait for reviews to come out. I donā€™t really care if it does sound the same. I will still like the O2 either way. I do think itā€™s a bit odd to keep the same tuning as that was the most criticized aspect of the O2, then would be the comfort.

3 Likes

Yes, as Iā€™ve been saying, if you own O2 keep it. Olina is just a better fit for less, but never a need to have both.

2 Likes

At 99, it could be a Aria, Kato, And ironically a Hana killer. But EQ is kind of required unless you only listen to Asian music.

1 Like

Interesting that you find the tuning of O2 to be a shortcoming - it is harmonish tuning, so I guess your ideal target is smtg different? I enjoy the O2 for jazz, orchestra, acoustics, and male vocals

3 Likes

Itā€™s bright and bass light, if you go by Crinā€™s measurements. Thatā€™s how I hear it too. I have a small bass shelf and have a -3 DB for about 1k to 6k-ish.

The oxygen or Olina tuning ideal for alternative rock/pop punk/punk rock? Can i get the fun sounding and shake my head for this genres?

Very happy to see all of the positive opinions. Didnā€™t need any but it confirms my own opinion on O2 :wink:

1 Like

I agree with you.
I also think that itā€™s good for electro music.
Itā€™s not the rumbliest bass but good to be versatile.

1 Like

I did something kind of crazy.
Whilst waiting for Olina, I brought Oxygen as well :laughing:
I read that people recommend the Alaz Sedna tips.
Any rec for cables?

2 Likes