🔶 TANGZU x HBB Wu Heyday

It’s Heeeeeyyyy Daaaayyyy…

Edit… @hawaiibadboy are you still tuning with CP100’s

5 Likes

Got mine in today on first listen I find the vocals quite recessed anyone else feel that?

Not sure if I am a fan.

1 Like

Graph suggests the opposite (lowered bass & treble) so this is surprising to hear.

Try changing tips/source. Good luck :neutral_face:

What are you driving it with? Despite what reviews say, it’s only 100db@16ohms so does need a bit of juice to drive it.
It sounds crap on my tablet.
Timeless is 104db@14ohm and S12, is 102db so it’s the least sensitive out of the 3.

1 Like

It’s planar. You need more juice for them, regardless of the sensitivity and impedance numbers

1 Like

Agreed with the rest of the counsel on this one - if you have a source that has a high gain setting, I’d give that a try. I remember the first time I heard the Timeless on a source capable of high gain and it opened up the sound substantially.

1 Like

wrong thread :notes:

2 Likes

I am driving off the iBasso DX160 low gian ,I will give them more juice on the A90D see how I feel , and switch the gain on the DAP.

Never had a IEM ,I was disappointed so much with as the Heyday just sounds hollow and recessed.

Let me give them more play time.

Edit: Let them play over night and woke up this morning less stoned , switched cables to a Tripowin Zoe , Azla Crystal tips ML and turned the power up.
Happy to report that my out of box impressions were not the same now.

I don’t normally burn in Planer IEM but maybe in this case something needed to loosen up… Probably Me LOL.

4 Likes

Ok all day been back and forth with Various IEM EJ07M, GS SE12, C3, KZ PR1 PRO.

My take on the Heyday:

SPOILER: Buy the PR1 at least than half the price or the OG. I should have gone for the Hook X.

The Heyday does everything nicely and that’s the problem it’s too nice. Too polite. For me it lacks special sauce.

The PR1 has better bass , more bass and texture than the HEYDAY.

The Male and , Female vocals sounds more forward on the HD than the PR1. I find the the Heyday is smoother than the PR1 sometimes but not by much but the PR1 is more engaging and fun.

Male and Female Vocals have more note weight on the PR1 and sound more tonality correct to me. Sade, Tracy Chapman, Holy Cole, Fleetwood Mac, Mänskin, The Hip , Chris Rea all sounds more realistic.

Piano and instruments better on the PR1 again the keys have more wieght and sound more musical.

The PR1 sound more like a DD , the HEYDAY sounds more like a planar.

I really was excited about this one but I just can’t fall in love with it as it just doesn’t do anything special for me.

People were telling me to source roll with more power , cables , tips ect and I did all that but if it doesn’t sound great off of everything I own I choose because I like the sound signature then it’s a shame.

Heyday Off of the DX160 was not great. HiBy R6 2020 better , Shanling UP5 nice , Loxji P20 Nice , A90D Geshelli AKM J2, Sweet. But the PR1 PRO was better on every source again.

Sorry to be the anti Shiller and non hype machine here for the Heyday. But that’s what I hear with my ears.

12 Likes

Maybe you just prefer the more V-shaped/hyped sound? Tried hitting them with a bass boost?

1 Like

I did 4 and 6db low shelf , it’s the way the Heyday replays for me just doesn’t hit my sweet spot.

2 Likes

Is it dry? Not enough oomph? Not immersive enough with its stage? Or is it mostly frequency response related for you?

1 Like

You gotta call it how you hear it…nowt to apologise for.
Its neutrality is a double edged sword and i can see why it might not be everyones cup of tea

4 Likes

It does lack oomph.

2 Likes

I think the Heyday is exactly what it advertised a smooth natural sound.
That’s it’s Achilles heel. I wanted to try this sound signature and found this Planar is not for me.

The PR1 and Heyday graph looks similar up to 6k the added note weight on the PR1 is noticeably better to me.
The Heyday comes off as dry and sterile. It’s the vocals that killed it for me they don’t sound correct too thin.
!

Also when people say it has good stage it really doesn’t not after listening to the C3, Obsidian OH10, EJ07M, and certainly not compared to my GS SE12.
It’s planer 2 dimentioal like my biggest complaint with the Timeless.

Screenshot_20230108_064822_Firefox|233x500

1 Like

Sorry for the spam…

1 Like

The HeyDay is close in bass energy to the Timeless in all 3 graphs and I can say for sure that I didn’t think Timeless was bass light, maybe pillowy in impact but it could rumble quite nicely, especially if EQd.

2 Likes