Tekton Double Impact

It all looks amazing and hopefully satiates you for a good long while. Congratulations and happy listening always!

1 Like

Some new assembly guys have assembled speakers with reversed the binding posts…
Since they also know it’s a issue. It’s not a single case. :slight_smile: Just wondering how many have been put to together before they noticed it… few hundred or so. lol Generally no idea how many they make in week.
Pretty bad QC in my books.
Easy to fix yes but still on a speaker (just this line of speakers?) with big 4-dig price tag. Bad bad.

Happy for you Wesley. Now you can start enjoying them.

1 Like

Thanks for another tip, ordering butcher board for the system.

1 Like

Made it seem like I was the first to report the issue when talking to them on the phone. Hopefully it was just a one time occurrence. They might have some upset customers shortly.

1 Like

I went with these guys. The boards are beautiful, but the tap job on the threaded feet wasn’t the best. Just not tapped perfectly perpendicular to the board so the feet thread in at a slight angle.

3 Likes

Damn you :fist: clicked it ! And see they also make awesome looking racks and shelves, want a rigidrack now, enabler !
I suck at woodworking.

2 Likes

Yeah that used to work as potter’s :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

White was the right color. Get to listening! We know you’ve been at this end result for a while. Don’t forget the obligatory back end shot!

1 Like

I will probably wait to post back there once my new cables come in. Right now I’m just using some Blue Jeans Cables I had lying around.

wow i did not need to see this site

1 Like

Hey @Wesley Congrats! Beautiful system and so glad you were able to get the sound you were looking for.

Would you please let me know what brand footers/extensions you have on the speakers? A link to the vendor would be awesome! I hope to be recieving my DI’s in dark grey soon and like the idea of the outriggers for stability and ease of adjustability.

Thank you!

4 Likes
2 Likes

SBN11 Straight End

I just used the footers that came with the DI’s and then I screwed these on top:

1 Like

If you are interested I ordered an extra set of the bars and top caps if you want 50% off what they charge. Brand new, unopened. Enough for 1 speaker.

1 Like

Story of my life…

See if I have to ask a 4th time lol

If you have a strobe light (mobile phone screen with flashing black/white video playing?), you could check for polarity by playing a frequency just under (or just above) the strobe frequency to see the driver move.

Edit: Like so:

2 Likes

Have you tried calling them? Maybe the person in charge of email isn’t technical.

Some quick Googling. Red (+) on right (this is a custom bi-wire set):

And right again:

The above two pics are DIs. Googling a few other Tekton speakers, they appear to consistently be Red (+) on right and Black (-) on left.

1 Like

I finally got a clear response, right +

2 Likes

Maybe they have a new people answering emails as well? :smile:

Usually, usually! in every single terminal (2 cables) the right one is plus and left is negative.
In a up / down settings. Up is plus and down is negative.
Unless some manufacture like perverse ways of messing things up for everyone.

3 Likes