The DEALS thread

I was only expressing my disbelief

That does seem a bit odd considering the prices on there at the moment. Its definitely from a seperate seller. I think its worth merit to be cautious on that. You normally only see that sort of pricing on something like head-fi

1 Like

Ok, thanks. Do you know if cases where people have been swindled on Amazon?
Wouldn’t the guarantee cover the customer anyway?

As long as you check return policies on the item itself amazon is supposed to uphold the return policy. I have had two people try to screw me over. 1 was when I ordered plant tags for my garden and instead actually received a form of erotica items( not I am not kidding then tried to play stupid about it) the other was when I ordered some body sprays for my relative and received not even the same brand name instead got a much cheaper brand, not even packaged right or labelled as a combustible material.

I had to contact amazon and they worked with me quickly and efficiently. They personally refunded my money and then went after the two pulling the stunts.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for taking the time Falenkor. Very helpful.

Can we maybe move this conversation to the Amazon Deals thread?

Sure. Sorry about that. I hadn’t realized there was one. Just searched “Deals”.

1 Like

hmm agreed. I’d rather not tag them. I am sure they will move this over there though.

1 Like

Still weighing this purchase (still leaning in). I found this review informative:

Summary: the Z3 is mono only, which could be a dealbreaker depending on intended use. And apparently the base software sucks–but Roon integration makes that irrelevant for Roon users. Still seems like a decent option for a kitchen speaker.

1 Like

How come the $375 Focal Elear deal never gets posted?

I ordered some masks back when this whole mess started, and when I saw the delivery note I thought someone had hacked our account because it showed a picture of an umbrella with hand giving the finger. My wife thought I had bought her that on purpose. I freaked out, researched the issue, and canceled the order. Someone taking advantage of people in need and swindling them with that. It was also PRIME. It happened another time, again with masks, recently, but it was too late by the time we found out.

A lot of people consider the Elear to be the worst of Focal’s Lineup. Personally I think it can be good buy at $375 depending on preferences

could you post that please?

Speaking of Focal Elear Deals, Headphones-dot-com has occasionally offered Elear + Focal case + pads (Utopia or Clear) for $599. It’s showing “Sold Out” currently, but it’s still listed on the site, making me think it may come back from time to time as the Arche bundles have.

This might not look like much of a deal on the surface, but considering regular price for the “purse” is $150 and Utopia pads run $2-250, that’s like getting a $200 Elear if you need the other stuff. As it happens, I own Utopia and wanted backup pads for when I eventually wear mine out, and I also own Elex, which doesn’t come with the handy dandy case.

Just an angle to keep in mind for anyone else deep into Focal territory that still wants an Elear (or who wants to put together an “Eclear” ensemble).

4 Likes

a what now? lol… have you heard an elear? if so could I get a quick rundown? I owned the clear for awhile and own an elegia currently for reference

An Eclear (or “Eclair”) was a popular community mod consisting of putting Clear pads on an Elear. When it came out there were some claiming Elex was something like that combo (others disagreed). There’s plenty of discussion out there about this combo on other sites (maybe here, too).

I did jump on that deal some months back, but have never taken the Elears out of their box. I’m undecided whether I want to listen to them, flip them, or hang onto them for some other purpose (e.g., jumpstating another friend or family member into the HiFi game). In any case, I haven’t heard them–the Eclair vs Elex debate had me convinced that at the very least, Elex > Elear w/ stock pads.

1 Like

ah okay, thanks man… im in the tiny unpopular group that isn’t too keen on the clears, I found them too aggressive and forward for my tastes whereas im really enjoying the elegia as a sort of more laid back clear… I just have a hunch I won’t prefer the elex from what I hear its more forward and dynamic than the clear (im really glossing over these comparisons) so maybe I should pass on the elear then

@M0N if you have a minute maybe you could weigh in? its my understanding you’ve heard all of the focal line tl;dr how the elear compares to the elegia and clear

So, you find the Elex and the Utopia different enough to warrant owning both?

I have wondered if it would be worth owning the Elex’s AND the Clears.

If you’re looking for a Bifrost 2, it is $669.00 in silver (B unit).
https://www.schiit.com/b-stocks

3 Likes

I don’t want to keep derailing the DEALS thread, so I responded over here

4 Likes