The DEALS thread

Beyerdynamic Amiron Home for $369 USD on Newegg:

https://www.newegg.com/black-beyerdynamic-717525-earbud/p/N82E16826380026?Description=beyerdynamic&cm_re=beyerdynamic--26-380-026--Product

FFF - Drop just opened the sale of Darkvoice 336SE for $200 again.

And I just won a LD mk3 on eBay…

They are always on “sale” at Penon. But during aliexpress sales they can get to around 180-190 usd.

They are spectacular, so even the non-sale price is a steal for them.

1 Like

Also for anyone who doesn’t want to wait for how long it takes to receive your purchase from Drop for the Darkvoice, Apos Audio has them and I believe they will price match.

1 Like

So I’ll just give you a word of warning. The A6 might be good…the A6 minis are NOT lol.

I have both, but I think the A6 mini is pretty good at the price it is at (50-70 usd). It does have recessed lower mids so if male vocals are extremely important it wont suit you.

Well A6 improves and fixes all the weakness in the mini and makes it redundant to have both.

Thoughts on that DarkVoice? Seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions on it. I have no experience with tube amps, so the low price point has me interested.

Thanks for posting this! I just price match-ed on Apos and it worked and was really easy.

I think it’s a pretty nice amp and a good way to get into tubes :+1: it’s a bit noisy (there’s a mod to help that) but works really well with the budget headphones known to pair well like the senns and Beyers. Only having 2 tubes makes it easy to tube roll and it’s built really well.

I haven’t heard the little dot mkii but it’s another budget rec that people seem to like.

Saving a bit more and building a bottlehead crack (if you are interested in building it yourself) has to be mentioned too if it’s in the cards. Fantastic amp that I think will have more longevity on the desk.

4 Likes

Np, glad that worked out for ya. :slight_smile:

NEARLY 50% OFF!

You have to be a fool not to jump on it.

2 Likes

Well that certainly didn’t hold its value lol

Welp… Guess I’m a broke fool.

Actually kinda curious to know what the breadboard doohickey thing he’s got connected in the back is. Looks to be inline with the coax SPDIF cable. @M0N ???

No clue lol.

But regardless that dac is most likely the best dac that I have ever heard, if there is anything that I could call endgame, that’s pretty much it. I don’t think I have heard anything as lifelike and real, I genuinely think it isn’t foolish to call it the best in the world at the moment. It even has the config I would want with the femto 33 and powerbases. But I can’t justify something like that lol, I would have to sell off most of the dacs I own to fund it, and if I did, I would end up selling off every other dac since it just wouldn’t be able to compare lol, I don’t know if it’s worth the loss of variety that would happen in my system, but at that point I don’t know if I would end up caring lol

6 Likes

sounds like ironically you would save money if I read that right
might have to do it because it would be the smart financial decision :laughing:

3 Likes

3 Likes

The rate DAC technology is progressing, the Schiit Bitfrost 4 is going to sound nearly as good.

To be honest dacs really hasn’t advanced as far as you would think, it’s moreso that you get better and better offerings for cheaper, but the pretty high tier stuff tends to pretty much hold steady in performance and remains competitive. I have a dac design from 2003 that still competes with things in it’s price range today, but it’s pricey lol. But generally lets say a dac like the msb would be just as untouchable in like 5-10 years as it is now imo, but of course something drastic could change that lol. I would be more likely to say that a supposed bifrost 4 would be more likely to compete with a current day yiggy a2 perhaps (that would be cool if true lol), but I have no clue

1 Like

I know I know, it was sort of tongue in cheek. I am the guy with the 10 year old Bryston DAC. :slight_smile:

EDIT: call me impressed that you’ve actually rubbed elbows to the point of having heard this monstrosity though!