Tin T2 - Unnoffical Thread - Thoughts and Impressions

Tripowin cables for Tin T2s? Sure I might want to get an another cable for it to make it much more unique to me.

Just got the T2’s a couple of days ago and I absolutely love them! However, I have a question. How do you guys wear yours? As per standard markings of red for right and blue for left I wear mine accordingly, but I’ve realized that there are contradictory pictures in the Amazon page for them.

The color code on mine match the latter pictue, but the one above seems to be mirrored.
Have Tin changed their mind regarding optimal fit?

The original run was like the first picture, but after that fit changed to tgecsecond picture since that configuration allows you to wear the cable over the ear or straight down.

1 Like

Ahhh, that makes sense. Thank you.

These sounded good, but that first image is why I hated them. The machined lip on the back of the unit rubbed my ear and made it feel like the edge was cutting me lol. It was not plesant for me sadly.

I have no fit issues what so ever with the current design, so it must have been something they were made aware of and then changed.

Forgive what might sound like dumb questions:

I find my T2s uncomfortable because they feel like they are too big for my ear canals. Esp. compared to my other IEMs, which are Shure Se425 and Fischer DBA-02 Mk II. The nozzles certainly are larger. Does this mean I need to shop for IEMs with smaller nozzles, or is this the kind of thing that can be addressed with smaller tips? For the T2s I use the blue foam tips that came with them. Maybe there were others in the box, but I can’t find them.

1 Like

You can address this issue with silicone tips as will the issue with the foam tips they ship with are they are rather large and foam tends to expand to the walls of you ear canals that to. Me can be quite stuffy so I use the silicone tips they ship with in the box

1 Like

I’ll try to find them. Also, I ordered a Dekoni “sampler” with different sizes.

The T2s are really good, by the way. Size issues aside I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them for anyone on a budget. Compared to my venerable Fischer DBA-02s, the Fischer are better but cost 3X, so duh. Also, while the Fischer are better, there’s nothing wrong with the T2 sound. There’s nothing that bothers me. Had they existed when I bought the Fischer, maybe I wouldn’t have felt the need to spend the extra $$$.

Ok, I found the other tips and am experimenting. The answer to my question is that smaller tips work better re: the problem I described above, although they feel less secure in my ears. I might just have to get used to it. I ONLY use foam tips for my Fischer IEMs and I guess that’s what i’m used to.

Maybe check out AZLA Sedna Earfit Light tips as they grade their sizes as L,LM,M,MS,S and SS should fit most people…solid tips too :+1:

are you wearing them wrapped around the ear or down?

I wear them over the ear.

I’m using these today for the first time in a long while. I forgot just how stupidly good they are. It’s actually kind of upsetting. They take to EQ well and once I mess with the low end a bit these things give me a sound that rivals or beats anything in my IEM collection, and even put several of my headphones to shame. A reasonable person could buy these any never need anything else.

I feel like if TIN developed a headphone they would be straight up giant killers.

1 Like

1 Like

I got these yesterday (Tin T2s, non-pro), and overall I have to say that for the $36 I paid, I’m impressed.

Finding a pair of tips that sits well was slightly tricky, but I think I’ve got it. These are the first IEMs I’ve owned that seal this way, so it’s been a challenge to get used to them, but I’m getting there.

The only other decent earphones I have to compare them to are the Airpods Pro. Overall, they both sound good. The Tins are brighter, but the Airpods are more comfortable.

Overall, solid pair, good value for money.

edit: that said, I would still not use IEMs unless absolutely necessary. switching to the 6XX feels so good :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Despite having my Moondrop Starfields now, I have to say that the T2s are still hella’ freaking good for the price. I have enjoyed a lot of songs with it on on my ears all the time just to chill and relax. They are still special to my heart for they made me think that there are a lot of good audio out there not branded as Shure, Sennheiser, AKG, etc. Because back then I only rely on the brands that are well known for their audio and I really don’t trust brands that I have not heard of before.

Still going to use it but right now I can’t since I have to wait for a new MMCX cable for it, because my previous broke.

1 Like

Right? These are budget power houses. They sound so good, so smooth, so natural. The only thing I find to be even a bit lacking is the bass, and even then it’s more than enough for most genres imo. I really hope this and the P1 are what they base the P2 tuning off.

1 Like

Yes the bass from these are not that alive like BL03 alive, but I am not much of a bass head so I still love it. Tbh my friends or even one of my relatives should get these like ffs stop wearing fancy TWS audio and get yourself some T2s with Fiio UTWS1s so they can finally hear their shit taste much clearer xD.

But yeah, like for real the sounds of the T2 kicked the SE215 sound’s ass big time though I like the SE215 for it’s noise isolation since the T2 are average with that.

1 Like

Hi, my review of the Tin T2s is here: https://1drv.ms/w/s!As-gJ-WlszWtgYhyEc5BNWpwr80C8g?e=lwlfAG