Tin T2 - Unnoffical Thread - Thoughts and Impressions

Honestly I don’t know if you should get small or medium but size is definitely the issue. I had size issues with them, I use medium. Considering however that I was still able to make it work with those large ones unlike you I do believe you should probably be using small

Even though I own the Shure SE215, KZ ZS10 Pro and recently the spectacular $38 BLON BL03, the Tin T2, I still freaking love them and they are still special to me. I love its neutral sound signature, simple yet elegant look and most of all it is still my daily drive that I use. Sounded better than my SE215s and the sounds I get it from it reminds me of the M40x I that I used to own and those cans were a sentimental item to me before it went to dust. So yeah, I love it so much.

How much do you think the topping makes a difference vs a phone with the blon and t2?

Obviously the sounds are much louder than the direct approach of using the IEMs to the phone, also with the Topping having the bass switch, they are able to make the T2s a bit bassy even though I am alright with its sound. The BL03s when it comes to the bass, it can get too bassy for me so I leave it with no bass switch on for most of the time. as for the overall sounds, a slight detail has been added I think, and I am able to hear some sounds that I have not heard from before.

1 Like

btw, do you have any AMPs do you use? can tell me some of your insights to some if you have any? I would appreciate an increase knowledge about DAC and AMPs in general

So, you can check my profile to see what amps and dacs (as it changes from time to time lol)

What would you like to know?

same case as yours, like any improvements from the sounds with the use of those? improvements on some bass, mids and treble? basically the same thing

So with the t2, there is a noticable bump in quality and volume, but they are not practically amp dependant. A fiio q1 mkii for example gets the most out of them to make sense imo (balanced). The blons are similar and not too picky. So similar experience with yours. Some iems or headphones are much more amp or dac dependant than the t2 or blon for the example

1 Like

thank you for the insight and with that it was indeed a right move for me to get the Topping NX3s.

Two threads on this forum discussing tips. I would recommend getting medium sized tips since I too had a fit/comfort issue with the included blue tips. The medium size (for most brands) fixed both.

My favorite tips
https://www.amazon.com/misodiko-M430S-Memory-Foam-Earbuds/dp/B07M6D49BQ

1 Like

Love them, but my USB C connection keeps cutting out and drives me crazy

are those misodiko memory foam tips much durable than the Comply tips? I would like to know since my Complys are not well known for longevity due to their foam breaking down as fast as a Dragonfly’s life span.

Maybe u need a new dongle? Or a bluetooth adapter.

1 Like

Any of the options with an “s” at the end are a smooth, almost waxy surface. The foam is a memory foam but it is NOTHING like complys. I have not had to change tips for over a month now since the smooth waxy surface stops ear wax, dirt, oils, etc from getting into the pores of the foam. So far the foam is still like new. All you have to do to clean them is wipe them off with a tissue.

Also make sure to look at the third picture as it is a size/compatibility guide.

I see thanks, seems durable than the Complys I have.

Right, so before I went on my end of year break I was able to get a set of the Newbee tips. And… they seem to mostly solved the comfort problem. I say mostly because I’m still not really used to sticking things in my ear canal, and for day to day use I find headphones more convenient. I do respect the sound quality, though - the Tin T2s do sound better I expected, and certainly considering what I paid, too. But I guess I’m just not a fan of the form factor. Maybe I’ll give them a shot for commuting.

Also, do the things scale to any degree? There are some parts of my audio gear I haven’t tested it with - namely my SMSL SP200 (largely because of Zeos’s warning about IEMs with it) and the balanced output of the ES100. Would either matter, or not really?

When using IEMs on the SP200, just run it low gain and low volume. You’ll get best results if you have a DAC you can lower the output on so that you have a bit more play room with the volume. Or just lower it in whatever player you’re using. That way you won’t run on ear-drum bursting loud levels at 10 o’clock.

I find both the T2’s and BL03 amp fantastically well on the SP200. Definately not necessary, as they sound damn good just out of my phone (oneplus 5, RIP 3,5mm plug) and my Hiby R5. Haven’t tested them balanced yet though, that’ll be my next experiment whenever I get a new cable for them. I find them fine with the stock, although it is a bit on the dinky side. If anything I’d replace it with one of Tripowin’s or Linsoul’s 8C or 16C alternatives.

Fit wise, the blue foam tips that they come with were amazing. But I’ve come to like Newbee’s small foam tips a lot, as they seal exceptionally well and don’t itch like many others (INAIRS being my bane). I found the medium Silicon tips to also work quite well, I used them extensively inbetween hunting for new tips.

@leops1984 and @Ahobaka, if you find most tips to itch or be uncomfortable in general I would suggest trying these.
https://www.amazon.com/misodiko-M430S-Memory-Foam-Earbuds/dp/B07M6D49BQ
They are smooth/waxy on the outside and the foam is a very soft not quite memory foam. As a bonus they last for ever for a foam tip.

Thanks for the tip (pun intended). I’ll see if they’re available in the EU next time I’m out of foam tips.

1 Like

Sounded great, just wish they lasted longer. I loved everything about these. The way they sounded, the ability to let them just drop straight down instead of being forced over the ear, I even bought some XL silicon earbud tips to get better blockage from outside noise. I loved that they could also be plugged into things like DJ mixers and not get blown out or distort at an audible volume. (Looking at you Mee6 pros and Shure 215s.)

As I said before though, they lasted for a grand total of 6 months. :frowning: At this point, I’m looking for something cheaper because while they are hands down better sounding than brands like Skull candy, they’re not built that much better for the extra price. I might buy them again due to being able to handle DJing but considering how rarely that has been, that’s a pretty weak argument.