🔷 Topping E30

I hope Topping comes out with a matching amp to stack with this!

1 Like

Topping F30 or something :thinking:
I’ll have to get used to the new names heh.

there is an A30 headphone amp but I can’t speak to it at all

have read it’s a disappointment, don.

1 Like

Better looking for another Headphoneamp.
Maybe a Schiit (Asgard 3] can works be fine,or for more Details for sure the Rupert neve or the Beresford Capella.
Maybe the Jan meier Corda Jazz, Lake people G103 can be get a nice Combo.
I really thinking about to try the E30,but Deliverytime is May to Germany from Amazon.

And the second thing can be it better as my Cambridge Audio Dac Magic 100 modified?

Not sure, I would guess no if you have beefed up the output stages with higher quality components, but I can’t say for sure tbh

1 Like

he M0N, how would u compare the E30 against the ENOG2 Pro?

The e30 clearly has more features, but I think the enog 2 has better sound quality imo, also balanced too so nice to have in the future if you go balanced

4 Likes

From his website:

Topping D50S ($250) VS Topping E30 ($129.99)

Both are made by Topping, build quality is really good on both units but D50S wins with its milled case on a CNC machine, it looks like a single aluminum brick, I also like the LCD screen quite a lot more on D50S and its menu and OSD settings are more advanced. In terms of I/O, D50S has a Bluetooth input, otherwise both are identical in terms of inputs and outputs.

D50S uses two pieces of ESS Sabre ES9038Q2M – the mobile variant of the acclaimed ES9038PRO. Both units are outputting maximum of 2V RMS on the RCA out and both can be used as preamps. E30 by comparison is using a single AK4493EQ, part of newest generation of AKM silicon.

Both are powered by a 5V DC input and both are quite susceptible to noise that is powering them, the cleaner in power - the cleaner the sound will be, so I decided using both with external power banks as I have quite a lot of them.

D50S sounds slightly more detailed, it will extract more information out of your tunes and will show almost all imperfections in a track. D50S chooses a very linear frequency response, so much that sometimes it could sound a bit lean or even dry and bright with some particular speakers or headphones. D50S is maybe too linear, especially the midrange area feels a bit dry and not that involving and the treble is extra crispy even past the top octave. D50S can feel brighter with some music, on the plus side some people are associating that increase as a cleaner sounding source. D50S is also by a hair a faster sounding DAC, the decay is also faster, the outline is sharper with D50S and sometimes music is felt like listening through an over-sharpening filter.

E30 is quite a different sounding unit, especially the frequency response feels very different. I consider both having the same agile and deep bass, going really low even touching sub-bass notes. Mid-bass and midrange are definitely fuller sounding on E30, there is more warmth, there is more soul in the midrange, voices are going deeper, strings will vibrate a microsecond longer. You can call E30 as a musical sounding DAC and D50S as a linear sounding DAC. As for treble, E30 is rolling-off a bit some of the top octave, sharpness is exchanged with a natural texture and extreme detail with a bit of smoothness.

E30 is by a hair wider sounding and will throw a bigger picture in front of the listener, depth is better too, but the pin point location of every note around is better on D50S. As much as I have tried to find a winner and a loser, there isn’t such a thing with these two. E30 is all about relaxation, open wide soundstage, warmth and naturalness and D50S is all about detail, linearity and extended frequency response. Different strokes for different folks, really.

1 Like

M0N is like, I already said: Sounds Dope.

3 Likes

Thank for your rewiev about.I like it.:+1:

Topping E30 review from headfonia

These reviews are VERY helpful, thanks. Which do you think would pair best with the Sundaras?

1 Like

I’m also looking at reviews searching for a decent DAC. :stuck_out_tongue:

But considering Sundaras are “best under 1000$” for a lot of people, even better than some 1000$+ headphones according to some, if I buy Sundaras I buy the D50S just to be sure I don’t have a “bottleneck” somewhere.

Obviously, DACs are what makes the least of a difference. So, you could also just get a SMSL M100 or Sanskrit 10th or a Khadas tone board for 100$ and not notice much of a difference – if any. But I also like the wireless options of the D50S.

1 Like

Thx. just wondering about ess chips, brighter of d50 would be too much with also brighter Sundara, tho due to my older hearing I don’t have trouble with highs. I like the ksc75 for vocals. So warmer e30 with 4493 a better balance since you’ve tried?? Also to let the cat out of the bag I ordered my Sundaras on Friday!!! Excited, as I listen to mostly orchestral and female vocals. Using Atom now.

3 Likes

There is an amp in the works called the L30. The chip designer is on AudioScienceReview forum and is touting it as the next best thing in cheap headphone amps and a JDS Atom killer.

He pointed to a May release schedule. Guess we’ll see.

1 Like

Lol all I can think of is the older luxman

Yeah they’re really playing around with the naming now. There will also be an update to the A50 via the A50s.

L30, Topping’s new Lamplifier

1 Like

Topping E30 Review from iiwireviews

1 Like