šŸ”· Topping E30

ā€œmore resolving and tonally richer than anything else Iā€™ve tried up to $200 and even more.ā€

Oh well! :+1:

1 Like

Hmmmm. I donā€™t know if I would go that far from my experiences, but it is pretty solid lol

2 Likes

Hello,
sorry but this test is not a test for me, it is more a comparison with apples and pears.
I still put up with the Schiit Magni 3, but the rest is a bit poor. A Fio K5 that is more portable is nonsensical, the Raspberry as a test is also questionable, because it is also extremely controversial.
That is rightly also hotly discussed.
If he had been connected to another headamp and a reasonable hi-fi system, I wouldnā€™t have minded.
But not so, because trust a lot more Monin his comment.
This test actually shows more how much clue such typical internet audiophiles are on the planet.
Donā€™t get me wrong, but the test is for the pants.it is not objective enough, and then in the end write down the price it makes up for it again because it is cheap.But otherwise it was quite passable, actually shows how dissatisfied the tester was I certainly donā€™t want to talk to the E30 nicely.if didnā€™t have it myself, but something like that canā€™t be taken for granted. Itā€™s really amateurish, even users here are able to say short sentences what is pro and contra and how you find it.

Arrived 1 week early. Been trying to set it up for an hour now and Iā€™m not sure what this message is because it is not in the manual. I used a random wallwort I had in a boxā€¦ is it not getting enough power or something?

Also not sure why it isnā€™t sensing the device

If you just use usb buss power do you get that error?

When I just had it plugged in via USB I would get no interface to come on even after installing the driver as shown above

Did you set your input to USB on the dac?

Pressing the button to change inputs does nothing. Screen still displays E-1 for me

And using the remote doesnā€™t do anything either I would assume? Also didnā€™t it come with a DC cable to usb? Perhaps use that and plug it into a phone charger or something

It came with Coax and USB, so I guess I will try Coax and see if that will pick it up because USB is doing nothing now

So it didnā€™t come with a power cable included either? Also yes try coax and see if that does anything

Ohā€¦ the Power Cable that came with it plugs into usbā€¦ i thought it was a coax because they were both yellow in color. I feel really stupid. Letā€™s try this outā€¦

Ah yeah thatā€™s a dc cable lol. I havenā€™t had mine do that before, and the fact that you canā€™t get into any menus or get it to do anything with the remote is concerning

Nope, turns out I am just an idiot.

After plugging both of them in to the DAC and then both of them hooked up to USB it is now showing in the menus and I have a little orange dot instead of an error message. I thought it was a coax cable until I tried to plug it in and it wouldnā€™t fitā€¦ then figuring out was a dc cable.

This is me rn image

5 Likes

Lol, well glad everything works now lol

Anywaysā€¦ Time to give this a listen!

Also when the box got here it smelled so bad holy crap. Here are some pictures now that uhhh Iā€™ve sorted out that I am stupid.

2 Likes

Actually now that I think about it, mine really had a weird odor as well, seems to be gone now (also I ended up buying another one for a different setup)

I can also attest to this.

Hmm okay after an ~1-2 hours with this I guess I have a couple comments but not too many.

The best description I can give is it sounds clean. At least, cleaner than the Modi 3 I was using before this. Everything sounds a bit more snappy, punchy, and just crispier. It is quite subtle of a difference, but after an hour I can definitively say it sounds better.

Also listening to songs with a lot of deep bass it sounds a lot better. Iā€™m using HD600 right now and it is coming through extremely well which I definitely cannot say when using the Modi. For $130 this DAC really seems to hit. So far, no complaints. Getting the software was a bit annoying considering the Modi was just plug and play, but I canā€™t fault it too much.

Overall it seems to be a really solid yet surprisingly cheap DAC. Iā€™m excited to try this with my Little Dot Mk3 and Asgard 3 when they get here. Thanks for reading!

4 Likes

That is one of the greatest things I have seen from a retailer

1 Like