šŸ”· Topping E30

No, I havenā€™t touched it since it works just fine

Just to clarify because Iā€™m still a bit confused, were the initial modes that shipped stuck in flipped absolute phase, or did they release a firmware update that does this?

1 Like

I donā€™t know how Schiit solved that back then.
maybe it was software related.
As it is with topping, I do not know exactly whether they solve this with the software.
What would be possible.
Iā€™m also not sure if it affects every device or is sporadic, apparently two batches are affected.
Maybe can help this Information.

http://www.tpdz.net/newsinfo/391293.html

This unit retails for $189.00, plus tax in Canada. Right now on CAM, there is a guy in B.C. asking $150.00 for an E30.

DSD64 = Patched.
Reverse polarity = patched too, but USB only. No ways to patch optical / coax.

1 Like

So if you can switch from USB to coax/optical easily, itā€™s a good way to know if you hear the difference between ā€œreverse polarityā€ and normal.

But you probably wonā€™t. :stuck_out_tongue:

Aoshida-HIFI Audio Store on Aliexpress has confirmed their stock of E30 has serial number starting from 2004 which has polarity issue fixed. Just ordered one.

1 Like

-Audiophiles talking about reverse polarity in a DAC.
-Me enjoying music through a stereo tube buffer with one left tube ā€œmessingā€ with the left channel and one right tube ā€œmessingā€ with the right channel: Youā€™ll get over it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Re stacking. Does the e30 run: cool, warm, hot?

If you are talking about temperatures and not sound signature, I canā€™t feel any heat coming from mine really at all. It is on top of my Asgard 3 and there is maybe a slight tinge of heat, but definitely not warm or hot.

Does the Asgard 3 run hot enough to potentially damage the rubber feet on dacs? My dac is small and my desk space is limited so the only thing i can do is have on the Asgard.

1 Like

I donā€™t think it would. Itā€™s just a nice warm temp.

1 Like

@Blu Thanks.

1 Like

I donā€™t think so, no. It gets hot, but it doesnā€™t get hot enough to melt things I donā€™t think. I have the DAC on the part of the AMP where there is the least amount of heat possible though.

6 Likes

Any canucks trolling around on here? and gotten one of these? Trying to order from amazon but will not let me use PO Box for delivery(or any canada post outlet)ā€¦will it ship to a home address or just wonā€™t ship to Canada period?

Cheers

God I want an Asgard

It definitely gets a recommendation from me if you want a warmer sounding amp. I love this thing.

1 Like

Iā€™d buy it on eBay.

Thx. I had tried po box on there as well and didnā€™t work. Managed to use a buddies town address though :ok_hand:. Now just the 1 month wait for it to arrive.

1 Like

What wall wart do you guys recommend for the Topping e30 and does it really matter which one I should buy?

Hello,
A simply Smartphone charger doing his job or a good solid power bank.
Otherwise maybe a good solution i think is this Card here from Kitsune Hifi who are not bad.But i didnā€˜t tested it myself but i think is a good thing when would use on the Pc.Only need a free space on the Pc when you have.Is only for the Power connection,not transporting Data.

https://kitsunehifi.com/product/elfidelity-axf-100-ultra-iii-usb-isolator-audio-filter-for-pc/

1 Like