šŸ”¶ Tripowin X BGGAR Mele

I didnt attack anyone. I said comparing dusk to Mele is stupid. If you donā€™t see why it is, sorry but I canā€™t help you. Already told you, you might have gotten a bad unit. Theres no attack, no hard feelings, no nothing :joy: Iā€™m reviewing my first impressions on Variations at the moment, not even paying attention to Mele.

And for the record, Iā€™m not even remotely trying to burry your opinion. I have no deals with linsoul/hbb or any tipe of money reward.

1 Like

Congratz!!

$50 isnā€™t going to get you good resolution and especially image chops 98% of the time.

Whoever claims the Mele can touch something like the B2 in technicalities probably hasnā€™t listened to any IEM that is above $100.

My Mele order shipped around a week ago but is apparently still chilling in a warehouse. Canā€™t wait for this IEM to render all the other cheapos I own obsolete.

2 Likes

Alright, so after some very brief trials, the Xelastecs seem to bring the lowend up a little while also elevating either the upper-mids, highs, or both. Comfort is fine, but I canā€™t say that I prefer them to the Spinfit CP100 or Symbio W, both of which seem to maintain tonal balance better. Staging is a wash between the three, and with Final Type E. YMMV, be sure to try everything you have when you get yours. The stock tips sound fine, but I find fit more of an issue versus the aforementioned tips.

The stock tips fit me perfectlyā€¦ In fact the Mele in general fits me like a gloveā€¦i forget they are even in my ears thatā€™s how comfortable they fit me. I could see this fitting many people really wellā€¦ As for tips i changed to the Spinfit cp100 for the simple fact that Chris said thatā€™s the tip he used to tune the iemā€™s so Iā€™ll be staying true to itā€™s original intended tuning and plus they fit amazing anywaysā€¦ Itā€™s a win win.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I have the Spinfit CP100, CP145 and CP360 waiting for them. And also the Azla Xelastec are coming. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Holyā€¦ sounds better at 1/3 of the price.

Using spin fit 155

My set (black) arrived todayā€¦ Yayā€¦ :slight_smile:

CP100ā€™s quickly attached and tried the fit very briefly (30 sec) before leaving this morning (kids to day care).

Seemed like the seal was perfect for me (thatā€™s pretty rare) with the yellow stem CP100ā€™s.

Will be listening to them between meetings during the day (on the BTR5)ā€¦ :slight_smile:

On another note, I have a Hiby R5 Saber in customs now! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Hey! What would be a better upgrade for mele, mangird tea or tanchjim oxygen? One youtuber (Michael Bruce) said itā€™s better to get oxygen than teasšŸ˜¶ Do you all agree with that? I would be glad to get the better set next after melešŸ˜Š

Mr Bruce was caught drnking milk right out of the cartonā€¦no glass
2 convictions

Using a dirty spoon in a 1/2 pint of ice cream (family ice cream)
4 convictions

Hiking on a public trail while high on life.
10 convictions, 2 outstanding warrants.

Just keep all that in mind bruh

7 Likes

:joy: Alright, Iā€™ll keep that in mind

1 Like

Weā€™ll need more of info on that. Iā€™m about to grab oxygen soon and Mangird are my favourite set.

Do you have experience with other sets besides Mele? What are your sound preferences?

Mainly listened with the L&P W2, using Sedna Earfit Crystal.
I wonā€™t do a full review, I lack the capacity to compare them to other sets in this price range.

I like the size, very small, I can lay down on the side and donā€™t be bothered with it. The metal shell and build looks solid enough so you toss them in your pocket and donā€™t worry about it.

I liked the simple packaging with a carrying case you can actually carry. Not like the big monsters that I can get with more expensive sets. Which end up in a drawer anyway.

Sound wise, I like the slam and low shelf, it doesnā€™t bleed on mids.
It is a set I would take for EDM. I was listened to Paul Johnson (RIP) and nothing bothered me, I could go through the mix and enjoy it.

Going through some of my Rock library (Oasis, The Black Keys, The Blue Stones, etcā€¦) for sure it is not as detailed as way more expensive set. the strings are not as forward as I am used to. Again, I am really unfair as I compare them to sets costing thousands.

At the end, I see this set as the one I would keep in my bagā€™s pocket at all time. If it is raining a bit, or going in the forest where I would be worried with other IEMs.
If I am doing some chores at home or taking a nap, I could take them as I would not worry while still have a decent sound.

Basically, it will be the stunt double for my Legend X.
Is the Xenns Up better? yes, however It is a bigger shell, 14 times the price and I would not carry them for what I will do with the Mele.

Is there a bias on how I rate the set? certainly, but at the end, what matters is how I feel using them, not the absolute technicality.

They will have their role in how I listen to music.

7 Likes

Iā€™m new to hobby but I would like to listen to those higher tier iems without spending much money. Thatā€™s why I like iems with good price-to-performance ratiošŸ˜Š

Yes, I understand that! Both Oxy and Teas are end-game (in my opinion) for someone on a tight budget. Or for anyone, really.

Direct upgrade to Mele should be Oxy, since itā€™s a double DD. Teas are special but slightly different. Will depend on your library and what genres you usually listen to!

I listened mainly with pop songsšŸ˜Š What do you think is a better set for me. Im also a treble sensitive

Mangird Tea. Spinfits CP100 or Radius Deep Mount. Sit back, relax, enjoy!

Edit: Iā€™ll detail a little bit more. Teas are mid-centric, which I personally love for stuff like your library. Itā€™s sub-bass focus will even help more with the presentation.

It also as one of the best relaxed treble presentations Iā€™ve heard to date.

1 Like

Great! Thank u for your recommendationsšŸ˜„

1 Like

I think iā€™ll prolly pull the plug on oxygen very soon so I can help people with this comparition. Also I wanna compare it to Mele since itā€™s the ā€œupgradeā€.

Damn im going broke, but itā€™s good to help out

5 Likes