šŸ”¶ Tripowin X BGGAR Mele

That would be MEST MKII.

The guyā€¦ @hawaiibadboy that just gave the world the jewel that is Mele says soā€¦ And I wholeheartedly agree with him.

ā€œThe Best Earphonesā€

1 Like

Just an FIY, the graph for the mele looks like it has the coupler resonance at a little bit higher than 9k. Which is different from Clair that has it closer to the standard 8k. This will shift the rest of the treble, so they might not look as similar as it does right now if they both have the resonance peaks at 8k.

It really is all coming down to tuning and coherency for me, all the spacey technicality stuff is great but if those two arenā€™t there, whatā€™s it really mean then. Res messin up my whole day today lol

2 Likes

I can put them both in my ears right now. I donā€™t have to resort to the graph. The graph is for everyone else that does not have first hand experience.

My apologies. Just laying down truth and some conclusions that I have been coming to listening to Mele since I received her and comparing her to the rest of my library.

I had a feeling my opinions would cause some waves, but then again Iā€™m sure a lot of you will appreciate the truth. Iā€™m just a music enthusiast/hobbyist like the rest of you and I always appreciate hearing the truth.

8 Likes

Oh boy. @Resolution I love you, but just poked a wasps nest :joy:

1 Like

I knowā€¦

I donā€™t care. Fite me bro. I feel I already proved my case.

If I can help other audiophiles find a fantastic IEM that will help them enjoy their music to the fullest and not have to break the bank to do so, Iā€™ve done my job. Iā€™m only reporting the news.

I will just point this outā€¦ The Mele wonā€™t win any awards for detail, clarity or resolution, but neither will the Clairvoyance. One of the reasons I made the observations I did. I have much better resolving IEMs than either of them. But for tuning, both of them are very similar and quite ideal for most musical libraries.

4 Likes

No dude you know i want allll the truth, im just like everyone else trying to plan next purchases etcā€¦ the fact that you have all of this right there with you gives me the confidence that what you tell us is solid. I have G.A.S for audio gear just like i did with pedals and studio stuff, its nice to know i can chill a little bit and not fear so much FOMO, still going Mest though, i just have to knowā€¦

1 Like

I never heard clair, so Iā€™m outta that.

I donā€™t think itā€™s that kind of nest tho. I know what you meant by what you said in your comparition. But what most people and lurkers will be doing is screenshot you and go into reddit or headfi scream ā€œMele is new clairā€. They dont care about drivers or technicalities, just drama and upvotes.

2 Likes

Enjoy Mele for the time being and go Mest MKII when you can.

2 Likes

Oh and to prove that you donā€™t need money for SQ, keep listening to your Teas. GL getting a true upgrade on tribids :man_shrugging:

Perfect score, imo, as of today: Mele > Tea > Mest > divorce > happiness

5 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ve already watched it. Maybe if used prices come down, I have self-imposed limit Iā€™m sticking to.
Donā€™t want to spam this thread but Iā€™d value getting your thoughts on the other tribrids you have that sit in the same tier (seems Iā€™m already working down the left side of your tier recs photo as have the FH3 and Teas :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:).

The Clair is really NOT that technical of an IEM.

Its strong point has always been its tuning and now the Mele = Clair in that regard.

Pretty sure that was @hawaiibadboy 's goal and he succeeded in that goal. He nailed it. Graph proves it and the Mele has better coherency and timbre to boot.

2 Likes

Oh shit, now you just shot a bear but heā€™s still alive and youā€™re out of ammo.

Itā€™s funny because itā€™s probably true, tho :smiley:

1 Like

Tuning definitely does not correlate much with money, it is up to your own preferences + libraries.

Technicalities on the other hand, at least in my experience does seem to get better the more you spend (excluding the obviously shitty/overpriced ones).

8 Likes

Totally. Still think the sweet spot of the hobby is 300usd bracket.

• Oxygen
  • Teas
  • B2
  • Dusk

And also:

• Sony N3
  • LZ A7
  • ā€¦
1 Like

@Resolution that does bring up a good question, where are you at now with Mele vs Oxygen?

1 Like

Yeah, diminishing returns hit pretty hard after that it seems.

2 Likes

I personally prefer Oxygen. It is my personal end-game IEM for single DD harman. It is in my tier 1 bracket. I still prefer the Tea to all tier 1 IEMs in that bracket. They are all great but I would rank them Tea > Oxygen > B2.

In additionā€¦ My tiers are not preference/favorite tiers!!! They are depicting my favorite IEMs in those price ranges (tiers). My overall favorite IEMs excluding price would look different. This is for people who have asked about what good choices (within PRICE RANGES) around the budget, $300, $500-$700 and above ranges.

THESE TIERS ARE CATEGORIZED BY PRICE, NOT PREFERNCE

The IEM everyone should have - Blon BL03had been Tripowin Mele

My favorite IEM around $100 - Fiio FH3

Best Starter IEM - LZ A7. Find your preferred tuning.

TIER1 Best IEMs around $300 - Mangird Tea, Moondrop Blessing 2, TANCHJIM Oxygen

TIER2 Best IEMs around $500 - $700 - Safe tuned - Thieaudio Clairvoyance/Oracle, Xenns Up - Subbass tuned - Thieaudio Monarch, Moondrop Variations

TIER3 Endgame - Unique Melody MEST MKII - Authentic audiophile replay at itā€™s finest.

5 Likes

Now that I have Mele and Tea incoming, with two graphene 4-core cables, I think Iā€™m at my endgame as a casual listener.

Hype Train

5 Likes