đŸ”¶ Tripowin X BGGAR Mele

Eh. I find the bass in the Moondrop B2 to be slower, honestly. For $50, the bass is absolutely not slow, IMO. Would I prefer it to be faster? Yes. But does it do the job in every genre that isn’t new age metal? Also, yes.

^judging this by kickdrums in metal songs.

One more question: bass quantity Blon03 vs Mele ?

Agreed. VX does not sound like it’s graph

1 Like

Why do you call anyone who has a different opinion than yours a troll? Very strange!

1 Like

plus, he’s giving an opinion on a headset he’s never heard before :roll_eyes:

Guys, chillax.

You got a point, she got a point. Let’s break it down.

First, Mele bass is not slow. Is the fastest bass on the market? No. But to be honest, most sets aren’t that fast or suited for metal. It’s a genre that as people state, needs some kind of specific specs more than other genres. This is why libraries are important when you shop.

Second, it’s not bloated. But it’s there. It’s the tuning. What she said made sense in my head and I understood it. Some people like more neutral stuff and once they hear more bass, they say it’s bloated. Mele is not bloated. Im a mids guy, i like my mids clear. If Mele had bloated bass, I’dnt be here recing it.

Third, I’d like to help you more, but I don’t really do much new metal. Maybe @darkgod5 can help you more with a better rec for this price range. All people here want is for other people to be happy!

PS: @vasix you’re a troll. But we got used to you already and we like you :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Maybe I should change my name to Vasix_ the Cute Troll :)) Аnyway, i don’t think i’m a troll but just a person with a different opinion and i don’t want to offend anyone with my writing

6 Likes

It’s great to have people with different opinions otherwise it would be more boring to see similar ideas here.

4 Likes

Yes, you’re fine.

Everyone has opinions and tastes :slight_smile: sometimes the translation doesn’t help either. I also suffer from that.

3 Likes

Even IF the bass is slow, that does NOT mean it is a BAD thing. It depends purely on what library you have. For example, Hip-hop NEEDS it to be somewhat slow and loose, because the bass can be too tight/fast on that genre. On the other hand, if you listen to metal, you definitely do NOT want it to be slow/loose.

This is all subjective to the specific library you have.

4 Likes

Hope to receive it sometime this month. :v:

6 Likes

I agree.
Even inside metal, specific bands or albums can benefit from big atmospheric sluggish bass.
For instance Disturbed or Metallica’s black album sound epic IMO with Final E3000.

2 Likes

I have house music library. Will i happy with the Mele ? What do you think ? :slight_smile:

Dont have the mele. @nymz or @Resolution might be able to help.

2 Likes

I think Mele works very well with EDM/House/DnB. It’s meaty and impactful, but doesn’t lose the sense of atmosphere and small details in the mix.
Re: Bass, I would definitely NOT call the Mele’s lowend “slow” or “bloated”. I have specific tracks that I use to test for that, where bass can get kinda “fuzzy” on an overdone replay (combination of mastering and instruments), and Mele passed those tracks with flying colors. It’s not BA fast and tight, but it’s above average IMO and perfectly suited to most genres. I actually really like the Mele for Metal, too (mostly Thrash, keeps up very well IMO).

7 Likes

You rang?

I’m a former EDM only guy. My bases are house, later turned into techno. But I like anything that is eletronic or has a groove.

The song you linked, it a perfect example of why Mele will suit you. The kick you get since the first second, needs a slight boost tilt around 150-250hz and sub bass.

At 1:02 drop, you brain will melt. At 3.05 you’re into the rabbit hole finding for a even better upgrade.

I have only 4 sets with me atm.
Mele is my go to for Techno/Tech house, along with Mangird Tea. Variations is the best bass, but mutes that kick that you feel on chest, but has the best rumble ofc. Lokahi is the opposite of Variations - Big kick, less rumble.

One last thing that is really important for me on EDM is the peak of Treble gains compared to bass. If you have an upper pinna gain on Treble than the peak level of the bass, you EDM will sound like shit because all you’ll hear is Claps and Cymbals, not the Bum Bum Bum Pow. I only understood what @hawaiibadboy meant with this after listening more to Mele. That’s why my prefered FR is very close to his, even tho we have different libraries.

Let me know if I can help you more. Great song btw, added to my library :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Would you mind to share those tracks?

:man_shrugging:

(@Resolution, if you are brave enough, or anyone else that own Variations/Monarch, try this :rofl:)

2 Likes

Basically the entire Capcom Vs SNK OST, but specifically these ones:

Also this album, but the opening track especially

Speficially with these tracks, it’s the subbass that sounds kinda “distorted or fuzzy” on a bad playback, but you can also compare the agility of a driver by how it replicates the lowest tones against the midbass and kicks, too.

7 Likes

My golden Mele arrived at the “destination airport” and “completed custom clearance”. That means they should arrive during this week!! :hugs:

3 Likes