šŸ”¶ Tripowin X BGGAR Mele

Canā€™t wait to try once my CP100 arrive! I tried with CP145 but I donā€™t think I noticed a big difference compared to Kbear tips

1 Like

Impressions are out! More of the same as I said above :stuck_out_tongue:

Great budget set. Probably could sell it for $200 and still have pleased buyers!

12 Likes

Thanks @tkddans :raised_hands:
Great review and Thumb :muscle:nail is dope too

2 Likes

Thank you for tuning such an interesting sound :slight_smile: I havenā€™t heard something exactly where it is at. And itā€™s at a nice sounding place.

2 Likes

This post is about a filter mod that allegedly adds clarity and sparkle. Iā€™m sharing some graphs that another Mele owner posted on FB with explicit permission from the OP. I donā€™t know his measurement rig yet, so Iā€™ll share once I find out.

The OP strongly recommended against filter mod and instead suggested tip rolling and EQ to customise the sound. I agree with that suggestion!

4 Likes

The conclusion.
No Filter : Not recommended
With new filter: To be Darker?
CP100: Slightly less upper mid but more treble energy than the stock tips. More intimate i think

Correction if I Wrong :pray:

2 Likes

He did change the filter, but Iā€™m trying to find out to which one.

Ive heard of people using Moondrop replacement filters, but I donā€™t know if this is the one he used.

2 Likes

Ok got more details. Again, all credits go to the OP on FB:

4 Passes, 4M Samples, no smoothing, not averaged. Using factory calibration and loopback. Not yet set up for SPL calibration, but the microphone itself through REW is SPL calibrated.

1 Like

Thats about adding filters. The mod people been talking about is about changing dampeners in the noozle, if im not mistaken

1 Like

Oh really? The posts Iā€™ve read so far have been about changing the filters. See:

Does this post talk about the dampeners or the mesh/filter? Bit confused by what the OP means with ā€œtuning damperā€: Post in thread ā€˜Tripowin x HBB ā€˜Meleā€™ - Impressions Threadā€™ Tripowin x HBB 'Mele' - Impressions Thread | Page 32 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Regardless, the Headfi OP has yet to provide a graphā€¦would be helpful!

1 Like

Itā€™s very confusing, thatā€™s why im not even trying so far. I think its about the filters inside the nozzle where the tubes are, but dont quote me that.

To be honest, i love Mele as it is, so I think I wont mod it in any way. That and having two left hands doesnā€™t help :joy:

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m pretty hesitant myself. But I do admire those that tinker around and manage to customise their sets to their preferences! At this point, Iā€™m going to tip roll and appreciate the Mele wait for another IEM thatā€™s a better all arounder with more treble.

1 Like

You should do that. The main reason I rec Mele is because of its confort and build quality, besides its totl tuning.

Sure, it could use more treble extension, but itā€™s a 50 dollah set. I think it can be someones end game on a tight budget.

3 Likes

For me, Mele with jelly cable which improved the technical sound than stock cable, I think itā€™s enough for me with not too much treble energy, but with bass and mids that are close to perfect and accurate tones. I love the kick drum and vocal presentation on Mele. Using Spinfit CP100 and Tanchim Tanya Stock tips (both have 4 mm bore size), the sound more intimate to my head and fun, I can listen to music longer and comfortably for hours, not feeling tired and dizzy after I remove Mele from my ear. This is Meleā€™s target market, not for detail lovers.

3 Likes

Guys, my left earphone stopped working normally, like it has half as much volume than the right one, already tried changing the cable and that didnā€™t work, am i the only one with this problem?

Sorry to hear that! I havenā€™t had any issues yet. Got mine early September so about a month old

I had an imbalance came up on my set too! Not as drastic as half volume tho.
I tried many things to fix it. Removing the filters ended up working for me.

You both should contact Linsoul!

3 Likes

I actually got mine from dd-hifi on aliexpress, iā€™ll try messaging them, thanks!

Dd hifi is linsoul :slight_smile:

Mele is a linsoul exclusive.