Unofficial - What you want Zeos to review thread

Z will review whatever brings the views and a stream of new customers.

A review of him crapping on the iPod max (whatever they call it) will be far more impactful to the channel than him making love to a pair of Wilson towers.

So is that’s :ballot_box_with_check: for a Wilson tower review then :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I have never seen one of these in the wild.

Is that the big boy amp with the two VU-meters in the front?

1. Low Quality parts
  2. China
  3. Class D amplification

There is an argument to be made of Class D for subwoofers, limited power budget and PA-Racks (for concerts, Stadiums, etc.) I would not run anything Class D at home.

Dan Clark Audio Æon 2 Noire

Schiit Audio Jotunheim 2

2 Likes

Why is that?

Class D entirely depends on the filtering after the amplifier stage.
If any of the filter components degrades due to component age, heat, etc. the carrier signal will bleed through causing hiss/humm etc.
It also brings high frequency “noise” close to the analog audio signal, which in my somewhat informed opinion is not a good idea.

To toot my own horn: Amplifier classes overview

1 Like

Zeos is getting processed and will be more active in the hifi asylum. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I would be pleased if he would test the Singxer Sda 2 with the Singxer interface Su 2 and 6.

The tube headphone amplifier from Quicksilver would be great.

1 Like

I’d love to see Z review the Rogersound Lab CG-25:

1 Like

You had me at MTMs.

This couch.

7 Likes

Got alot going on.

1 Like

Cheapest balanced DAC ever? :grin: Peavey USB-P. 50$. USB in, 2XLR out. Not even a volume knob.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004A4PSEU?linkCode=gs2&tag=zeosca-20

From a buyer:

The heavy lifting is done by a Texas Instruments PCM2705, with an SNR of 98db, sample rates of 32, 44.4, and 48 kHz. This is an older USB 1.1 complaint device and has since been replaced by the PCM2705C with USB 2 compliance.

I believe Zeos never talked about Dayton’s offering since the B652-Air.
Here’s something that looks good for 70$ for the pair.

1 Like

@ZeosPantera hey Z, can you review the newer 125x 225x and 325x?

I would really like to know if the sound / fit quality scales up noticeably to justify their higher prices. I have also never seen any full family review from top to bottom for the Prestige series and I really really would.

I would love to see some ghentaudio amps get reviewed.

Im going to box up the 60x and 80x and send them to @DMS and he will send me his crusty sweaty 325x… So that will get a review.

6 Likes

good thing you have those Pads to swap for, LoL!

1 Like

AmazonSmile: Hecate G5000 Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Computers Gaming Speakers with Game Driven RGB Lighting for Desktop , Laptops, Smartphones,PS4, PS5, TV,Turntables-Black : Electronics

Amazon.com: Razer Nommo Pro: THX Certified Premium Audio - Dolby Virtual Surround Sound - LED Illuminated Control Pod - Downward Firing Subwoofer - Powered by Razer Chroma - PC Gaming Speakers : Electronics

1 Like

AmazonSmile: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System (Black) : Electronics

1 Like