šŸ”¶ Verum One MK2

For those of you interested in a less controversial Ukranian Planar headphone producer, a friend of mine here in Spain introduced me to Sash Tres.

My experience with the dude has been greatā€¦he whatsapps the progress to you as he builds with picts of your cans! They are also hand built in the Ukrain and take a few weeks to produce. Your choice of wood colorā€¦personally the Brown (pic #2) and Wenge (pic #1) look fucking amazeballs. I canā€™t speak to the sound yep as my set is still being produced. May do a write-up in head-fi and would here that I could.

They are built as open backed planars but the owner builds removable cup which I hear need some work reflection will see when I get them but what a cool option!..if reflection is a problem Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll play around with designing a dampener (printed or CNC) for the inside of the cups.

Any-who people Iā€™ve read and spoken with claim its a close call betwix this and Audeze and for less than half the price! How the fuck can I not give it a go. Plus boutique/custom built cans have a soft spot in my heart. He also can custom carve shit (CNC magic) on the closed cups which I really appreciate. Iā€™m getting two sets for an extra 50 bucks- one clean wood (as pictured above) and one with carving (second image). Shit looks ZMF inspired !!

Verum looked cool but as soon as I read bout some of dudeā€™s interactions I quickly realized my dollars wonā€™t ever go to patronize or support the guy. Itā€™s subjectiveā€¦to each their ownā€¦but my vote/resources I believe should reflect my values. Other Awesome options exist!!!

8 Likes

take it easy :rofl: mine 2weeks earlier just arrived at the customs

2 Likes

Thanks for answering. I am calmer, although he has not sent them to me yet, but I see that they are arriving, you will tell how about when they arrive.

I have a pair. The build quality is much nicer.
But the verum does hold up nicely in sound quality.

2 Likes

So my last email was on April 2. Itā€™s April 23 now.

And my initial order placement (pre-payment hiccups and accidental order cancellation) was February or earlier.

I know heā€™s busy but it does feel like it takes a long time :sweat_smile:

Iā€™m sure itā€™s comingā€¦right? I mean he messaged me saying it was, earlier this month.

EDIT: Did anyone recently receive one? If so, when did you order yours?

I would say pretty sure, because the voltage divider math of the Verum 1 + stock cable looks tragic. You should get better stereo separation, stage width and imaging if you use a cable made of 4 wires of equal length (fully separate return wires from both cups all the way to the plug that goes into the amp).

I ordered on February 12th, hasnā€™t arrived yet. Was going to send an email, but if there is a bunch of us that havenā€™t gotten one yet Iā€™m not worried.

Iā€™m sure that it will come eventually, he probably got overwhelmed with orders for a while.

I canā€™t wait to get them! Been wanting to try planars for a long time.

1 Like

Hey, there seems to be a new update on Verum orders:
" Yesterday Iā€™ve finally received one of the few components I donā€™t produce myself - rare-earth magnets.
was unprepared for such demand of Verum 1and without magnets production stopped several weeks
ago. At this time about 35% of currents orders are shipped but all parts are already manufactured for all other orders and assembling will be MUCH faster now.

So here is realistic timetable:

Mid-February orders will be shipped within 3-4 weeks

Late February orders will be shipped at the end of May-beginning of June.

March orders - middle of June.

April orders - middle of June\end of June.

I apologise once more for delays andā€‹ very thankful both for your support and understanding!

Igor Verum Audio"

7 Likes

Good to know! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for the information, well being something craftsman these problems are normal.

What is not normal is that I have been asking him if there is a problem by email for a month instead of telling me that he will send me an automatic response saying that it was something handmade and that it took time. I would have understood better what he said to you, well at least we already know why the delay is due and that from now on our verums will begin to end.
In the end it will be worth it. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Hello, could you please let me know what jack do you ahve on your Verums MK 2? Is it 3,5 or 2,5mm?

There is a 3,5mm on Verums MK 2

1 Like

Thank you!

Alright. According to his time table on the verum-audio website, we are approaching the mid-February times he said he could do. I am still waiting, and I will post here as soon as it arrives! For context, I ordered on Feb 12th. Hopefully this will let you all know when to expect yours to come in!

8 Likes

Did you atleast received tracking number?

Instead of calling Garuspik a racist, how about realise how much the western society has changed due to the PC culture. He is from Ukraine

2 Likes

I mean, the dudes got a lot of dirt on himā€¦ not just a racist but a blatant liar, terrible customer support and telling people to die from cancer, among many other thingsā€¦ the guy is just an awful person. Headphone may be good sure but its hard to back something when you have knowledge of the kind of person your dealing withā€¦ to some people that just doesnā€™t sit well and they prefer to avoid those people all together. I am sure the verum is a great headphoneā€¦ but out of principle I wonā€™t support such a personā€¦ plenty of other amazing headphones out there. Regardless of how you look at it, hes running a businessā€¦ acting that way is unprofessional and childish. It doesnā€™t matter what country your from most people will see that and view it negatively

3 Likes

I donā€™t know about the rest, thanks for letting me know. If I am not mistaken he blamed it on an intern as well

he was banned shortly after with future logs following that when there was even more issues with him on other sites running his mouth. Was proven this ā€œinternā€ was a bs cover up just to get out of it considering how much more crap was seen. The guy has a pretty dreadful reputation.

For the sake of things though, I am not going to go posting any of this on hereā€¦ if your curious feel free to look into him and find the discord logs and forum posts. Though to my knowledge quite a bit of it has either been locked or deleted while he himself was banned off a few of the places. I know a few remarks from people was that he would deny order cancellations under the ā€œits custom made and the parts were already orderedā€ excuse and from there would naturally ignore peoples messages

It is however, something to keep note of when it comes to this particular headphone.

1 Like

No, not yet.